[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting QB Early question

Frank the Tank

What do other positions score? What is the scoring disparity between QBs and the other positions.

This is one of the few situations where the normal advice of waiting on a QB may not be wise as they likely score such a disparately high number of points compared to the other positions that you are basically playing fantasy QBs and can not make up the point differential at other positions.

I play in a 16 team league with 6 points for TD passes  and bonuses for 300, 400, and 500 yard games; elite fantasy QBs fly off the board . You can still wait for someone like Rivers, but Brady, Rogers, Brees, and Newton are all taken within the first 4 rounds. You need to look at the difference in scoring between QBs and what that amounts to on a per game basis. 

Look at the value for each position in your league specific scoring. See at what point do you start to lose a lot of value at each position, that will help you how to prioritize your draft. Unless you have crazy dudes in your leagues that hoard on a position :bash:

• Like 1

Do the math and see what each guy scored last year..  

Years ago I was in a league with bonus points for TD length. I took a QB with my first round pick of my first year in the league and everyone thought I was on drugs. I won the league going away and next year 4 QBs went in first round