[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Allen

Gourdeau

6 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

How did he look yesterday ? I gotta think he raises the value of Benjamin Jones and Clay

I didn't see too much, but I did see Benjamin drop a well placed pass thrown at him with zip.  I don't think anyone can help Benjamin's value, he just sucks. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

But but but he said it was all Cams fault 🙄

Cam is like the Jerome Bettis of the QB world, let everyone else get you there then run it in and take all the credit. 

However in Kelvin's case it is appropriate to believe it was more than just Cam. 

12 hours ago, Def. said:

Cam is like the Jerome Bettis of the QB world, let everyone else get you there then run it in and take all the credit. 

Really, Cam is like Bettis?  Didn't realize Bettis was completing passes and calling out all the plays that led to the defense moving downfield.

He vultures TDs from some other players like Bettis, but the rest of that is just nonsense. 

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Really, Cam is like Bettis?  Didn't realize Bettis was completing passes and calling out all the plays that led to the defense moving downfield.

He vultures TDs from some other players like Bettis, but the rest of that is just nonsense. 

Sorry if this offended any Steeler faithfuls by referencing Bettis's TD vulturing his last year, didn't think that was a sore subject since its been pretty commonly referenced over the years.  Anyways its my opinion and I truthfully might be a little miffed after watching CMC run all up and down on the Bengals only to watch Cam vulture the TDs and act like hes the greatest thing since sliced bread.  However I don't know what you're finding nonsense when the vulturing was the basis of the statement.  Its not like he's Peyton out there; and also its not like DeAngelo, JStew, and even to a degree CMC were/are scrub backs so what is so nonsensical about the statement? :shrug: 

Edited by Def.

13 minutes ago, Def. said:

Sorry if this offended any Steeler faithfuls by referencing Bettis's TD vulturing his last year, didn't think that was a sore subject since its been pretty commonly referenced over the years.  Anyways its my opinion and I truthfully might be a little miffed after watching CMC run all up and down on the Bengals only to watch Cam vulture the TDs and act like hes the greatest thing since sliced bread.  However I don't know what you're finding nonsense when the vulturing was the basis of the statement.  Its not like he's Peyton out there; and also its not like DeAngelo, JStew, and even to a degree CMC were/are scrub backs so what is so nonsensical about the statement? :shrug: 

I am a Browns fan about the furthest thing you get from Steeler faithfuls. :rolleyes: 

What is wrong with the statement , well the comparison makes it sound like Cam Newton does nothing but jog onto the field when they get in the RZ to vuture TDs.  He is the KEY to that offense, without him they don't reach the RZ. Big difference from Bettis. 

Just now, stevegrab said:

I am a Browns fan about the furthest thing you get from Steeler faithfuls. :rolleyes: 

What is wrong with the statement , well the comparison makes it sound like Cam Newton does nothing but jog onto the field when they get in the RZ to vuture TDs.  He is the KEY to that offense, without him they don't reach the RZ. Big difference from Bettis. 

Cmon Steve, the Steelers comment was obviously for Gourdeau.  :rolleyes:

And I may not give Cam enough credit, but you give him way to much.  Check his stats and you'll find he's more comparable to Tyrod then he is to Peyton. 

46 minutes ago, Def. said:

Cmon Steve, the Steelers comment was obviously for Gourdeau.  :rolleyes:

And I may not give Cam enough credit, but you give him way to much.  Check his stats and you'll find he's more comparable to Tyrod then he is to Peyton. 

When my post is quoted and somebody says stuff I assume it is directed at that comment and me. So no, it was not obvious. 

I know, I take things to literally. 

I never compared Cam to Peyton, not sure why you're comparing him to Taylor, who is nowhere near that skill level. 

You make some odd comparisons.

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

When my post is quoted and somebody says stuff I assume it is directed at that comment and me. So no, it was not obvious. 

I know, I take things to literally. 

I never compared Cam to Peyton, not sure why you're comparing him to Taylor, who is nowhere near that skill level. 

You make some odd comparisons.

Never said you did, in fact you haven't really said anything.  One of us has to add to the conversation otherwise what's the point.  "I believe this, I disagree, ok then!"  But I digress...good non-talk I guess, very stimulating.  :coffee:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Def. said:

In the midst of my original response I was actually going to mention his last year, but as mentioned above it did seem to me that you were referencing his entire career. Definitely didn't offend me at all, just clarifying that it was a really bad analogy using a HOF'er in that comparison, specifically in his last year, absolutely, was all fast fast Willie in that respect.