[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ito Smith

michaelredd9

I've been scooping up Ito Smith in my deeper leagues.  It just seems a matter of time before he gets his shot.  Devonta Freebird is dealing with foot, knee, and groin injuries.  In other words, he will be shelved for the season as soon as the Falcons lose their 8th game (they are currently 1-4). 

Tevin Coleman could easily be traded since he is in the last year of his contract and the Falcons probably don't want to pay both Devonta and Tevin next year.  Even if Tevin doesn't get traded, they will have little reason to feature him.  He is currently graded as the worst running back in the NFL by PFF. 

The Falcons will want to give Ito some experience since he will likely be next year's COP back.  And Ito has a PFF pass block grade of 84.7 which is 7th best in the league.  If you're playing meaningless games, it is nice have a running back whose pass blocking will help ensure your franchise quarterback's long term health.  Ito is also a great receiver which means he could be PPR gold if/when he gets his shot.  I'm buying.

Your logic makes sense, but for the time being that backfield is a murky mess. But I definitely see them letting Colmean go at the end of the season. And it makes perfect sense to trade him to many of the teams that need a RB. I'm buying.

Smith went 11 carries for 22 yards.   One run of 14 yards for a TD.   I know he's the fallback position to replace Coleman for next year, but  does anyone have an opinion on his upside?

I couldn't watch this game.  

Edited by rebdog

2 hours ago, rebdog said:

Smith went 11 carries for 22 yards.   One run of 14 yards for a TD.   I know he's the fallback position to replace Coleman for next year, but  does anyone have an opinion on his upside?

I couldn't watch this game.  

He was facing defenders in the backfield.  He had a couple of runs of -5 yards where he had no chance.  I thought he passed the eye test.  One thing that might limit his upside is he is only 195 pounds.  But he is a solid 195 pounds.

i was scouting him since the ATL running game is in flux and I also have Coleman, but have decided not to add him at this time. Doubt he'd have keeper value next year, or any real value to my team this year. 

Of course all my RBs on the bench went off this week (at least better than starters), so maybe up is down.