[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fishy Trade Advice

Cam

I am the commissioner of my league and 2 teams agreed to this trade. Should I veto it?? A little background: the two managers are brothers. The team who is giving up odell and rodgers is in last place, and has no shot of making the playoffs. No draft picks are involved in the trade. On top of that, if I veto the trade, they plan to quit the league and want a refund of their money. Should I give them their money back if the trade is vetoed?

788BABA6-9DB8-4C0B-91C1-3E7DF2E89641.jpeg

Wait, what kind of league scoring do you have that OBJ is rank 52?

Other than that, tell them to (the really bad word) off and leave if they want, but you're allowed to veto and they aren't getting their money back as that would take away from the prospective leader.  Plus, their brothers and in cahoots over leaving together if the trade goes down?  Yeah..nothing shady about that at all.  Cause i'm soooo sure that one brother really, really wants Shepard and Davis on his squad.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Wait, what kind of league scoring do you have that OBJ is rank 52?

It looks like it's filtered out by passing, for some weird reason. Maybe that would explain it. :shrug:

Edited by Shaft

Do you veto a lot of trades? How do you decide what is FAIR value?  

Many trades look "horrible" on the surface, this doesn't look that bad, but is fishy.

As for their demands, yes that makes things even more odd. 

In 25+ years as a commish I've never had to veto a trade. But then we don't have D-bags as owners. 

31 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Many trades look "horrible" on the surface, this doesn't look that bad, but is fishy.

In 25+ years as a commish I've never had to veto a trade. But then we don't have D-bags as owners. 

I have to agree.. the trade is lop sided but not so much so that it warrants a veto. It's the circumstances surrounding the trade that make it sketchy. No chance I give them their money back.. are these friends of yours ? I'd hate to ruin a friendship over FF

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:
4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I never veto trades as well. I am of the mindset that if 2 teams agree to a trade, I will 99% of the time let it go. But I do not want to do a disservice to the league if it is blatantly unfair. To evaluate trade I look at talent and upside. OBJ has superstar upside and can tip the balance on any given week. But if people do not think this trade rises to the level of veto, then I will let it go

My op is if a manager trades/receives a player to make his team better... trade is good even if the other manager is going to be worse off. Thats also assuming the other manager is just making a poor decision. But when a manager trades in order to benefit another managers team, that is collusion. This sounds like the case here. If your sure of that, veto with confidence and if they want their money back, fine them... you won't be able to collect, but point made.