[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Risky business

Roamingbull

Risky play, but I'm up against the weakest team in our league and may be able to afford  it. I have scantling on flex, with Rodgers as my QB. So good potential for a little dbl dipping. However, i just picked up Prior (now a bill), and I'm thinking  of playing him, as i have a sneaking suspicion they will put him in as QB over Peterson. My league does not allow for a super flex so its a unique opportunity to capitalize on some points. Yes, extreme play... most teams would not even think of putting him in at his position until he learns the rhythm, but its the Bills and its Peterson against a D that is likely to eat him alive. 

My next play is with S. Michel. Sony is probable to come back. Collins is Q, and Sony is SNF. If i insert sony, im stuck with a goose egg if he does not play. 

So that's my dilemma this week. It would suck to be the first to loose to my opponent. 

5 hours ago, Roamingbull said:

i have a sneaking suspicion they will put him in as QB over Peterson.

No team is going to sign a player and then play him immediately at quarterback unless there are no other options.  A quarterback needs to know the playbook.  Never mind the fact that he hasn't played quarterback in 5 years.  There is a remote possibility that they could bring him in for 1 wildcat snap on Sunday.

One scenario that could realistically happen is he could be pressed into quarterback duty in a few weeks if Josh Allen, Nathan Peterman, and Derek Anderson were all to get hurt (again).  After learning the playbook for a few weeks, he'd be better prepared to play quarterback than any quarterback that they could bring in.  This happened some years back with Joe Webb.  Joe Webb was a converted wide receiver but was pressed into playing quarterback for the Vikings because of injuries.  Joe Webb's 18.9 point performance on Tuesday night of week 16, 2010 was the deciding factor in some fantasy Super Bowls on the Yahoo site.  It also led to drama and accusations of cheating but ultimately not many people started him because the game was postponed until Tuesday and people were afraid that Favre would get cleared to play.

Here are 2 Huddle message board threads about Joe Webb, Quarterceiver:

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pryor might be roster worthy without quarterback fantasy points.  He played 82% of snaps in his first game with the Bills.  They might want to feature him to see what they have in him.  They will usually be playing from behind and throwing a lot.  And Josh Allen has a rocket arm.  Pryor has shown a knack for the deep ball but he hasn't had a quarterback throw deep to him regularly.  I'm rostering him in a couple of leagues to see what he does this week.  And the possibility that he could get a start at quarterback if Josh Allen gets hurt does add a little bit of incentive.