purplemonster

Week 12 Milk Carton

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

He's unbelievable. I didn't like him coming out of college but Harbaugh knew exactly what to do with him. 

Pretty rare to see someone improve as much as he has throwing the ball.  Accuracy is typically something you have or don't so I am not sure what changed.  Granted they aren't making hikmthrow way down field but he's making good decisions too.  

 

I think the NFL didn't spend enough time scheming because nobody expected him to be this good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Pretty rare to see someone improve as much as he has throwing the ball.  Accuracy is typically something you have or don't so I am not sure what changed.  Granted they aren't making hikmthrow way down field but he's making good decisions too.  

 

I think the NFL didn't spend enough time scheming because nobody expected him to be this good.  

 

I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens have punted twice in the last 3 games. Lamar was QB on none of those drives 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 1:20 PM, purplemonster said:

Pretty rare to see someone improve as much as he has throwing the ball.  Accuracy is typically something you have or don't so I am not sure what changed.  Granted they aren't making hikmthrow way down field but he's making good decisions too.  

 

I think the NFL didn't spend enough time scheming because nobody expected him to be this good.  

 

I think people underestimated his football IQ. People were comparing him to Michael Vick, which I understand, but Vick was never at this level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shaft said:

 

I think people underestimated his football IQ. People were comparing him to Michael Vick, which I understand, but Vick was never at this level. 

Yeah he apparently had a pretty terrible Wonderlic but his football IQ seems pretty good.  His decision making seems fine by me.  And he is Vick fast but even better body control and athleticism.  It is off the charts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shaft said:

 

I think people underestimated his football IQ. People were comparing him to Michael Vick, which I understand, but Vick was never at this level. 

 

Michael Vick was a higher rated prospect than Lamar coming out of college and it wasn't even close. To say Vick was never at his level is insane. 

 

And here's why people questioned his Football IQ 

 

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

  • Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by League_Champion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is all pretty recent success too.  We will have to see how Lamar does long term.  NFL has a way of finding your weaknesses.  And once they are found everyone will be doing it against you.  And even if they don't the natural history of RB's and primary running QB's tends not to be long.  But right now, he's golden 

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

This is all pretty recent success too.  We will have to see how Lamar does long term.  NFL has a way of finding your weaknesses.  And once they are found everyone will be doing it against you.  And even if they don't the natural history of RB's and primary running RB's tends not to be long.  But right now, he's golden 

 

The guy is amazing. Sometimes it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. He's on a great team with a great coaching staff who knows what to do with him. Guys like Darnold, not so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Michael Vick was a higher rated prospect than Lamar coming out of college and it wasn't even close. To say Vick was never at his level is insane. 

 

And here's why people questioned his Football IQ 

 

Wonderlic scores for 2018 QBs

  • Josh Allen: 37
  • Josh Rosen: 29
  • Sam Darnold: 28
  • Baker Mayfield: 25
  • Lamar Jackson: 13

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the professional level, Vick WAS never at this level. Vick's career high in passing is 21TDs, and that was 2010, not like a 100 years ago. It's arguable that Vick's best years were either 2006 or 2010, either way Lamar's trumps that.

 

Like I said people underestimated his football IQ, including myself. And that wonderlic score can't predict a dam thing, like most standardized tests there is very little correlation between scores and success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shaft said:

 

At the professional level, Vick WAS never at this level. Vick's career high in passing is 21TDs, and that was 2010, not like a 100 years ago. It's arguable that Vick's best years were either 2006 or 2010, either way Lamar's trumps that.

 

Like I said people underestimated his football IQ, including myself. And that wonderlic score can't predict a dam thing, like most standardized tests there is very little correlation between scores and success. 

 

You used past tense. And wait till Lamar wins something before you put him in the Hall of Fame. And his Wonderlic score is 13. My 10 year old Son would score higher. That's why people questioned his IQ, because he is in fact dumb, I'm not saying football dumb. Just dumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

 

You used past tense. And wait till Lamar wins something before you put him in the Hall of Fame. And his Wonderlic score is 13. My 10 year old Son would score higher. That's why people questioned his IQ, because he is in fact dumb, I'm not saying football dumb. Just dumb. 

 

I can use past tense because he's already beat Vick's best season. Vick never won anything and he might not make it into the hall of fame. Dumb? Maybe, but so is Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Frank Gore, Donovan McNabb, and quite a few others who scored low on the  test.

 

I'll debate later, I have a Turkey to stuff like I'm stuffing you.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

 

I can use past tense because he's already beat Vick's best season. Vick never won anything and he might not make it into the hall of fame. Dumb? Maybe, but so is Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Frank Gore, Donovan McNabb, and quite a few others who scored low on the  test.

 

I'll debate later, I have a Turkey to stuff like I'm stuffing you.  ;)

 

I'm not saying they aren't dumb. I'm saying Lamar is. And the fact that you want to "stuff me" is concerning. I don't roll like that, but to each his own. I hope you and your partner enjoy your Thanksgiving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

 

I'm not saying they aren't dumb. I'm saying Lamar is. And the fact that you want to "stuff me" is concerning. I don't roll like that, but to each his own. I hope you and your partner enjoy your Thanksgiving. 

You too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 11:40 AM, LordOpie said:

i feel like the Lockett playing comments were a bullmanure HC distraction. So frustrating. (the really bad word) you Carroll

Agreed. He didn't even get put in the return mix. Complete BS from Carroll about his availability. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.