[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Regrading the 2017 draft

purplemonster

Now is a good time to look back at the draft and it is interesting how much it changed. Prisco is pretty upfront on where he missed. A few thoughts, totally agree on the outstanding Saints and Chiefs drafts.  And the Raiders, ouch.  Also I did not realize Kittle was a 5th round choice.  Some of these guys will take longer to grade fully but 3 years is a decent starting point 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/regrading-the-2017-nfl-draft-chiefs-saints-knock-it-out-of-the-park-raiders-drop-from-b-to-f/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The Saints absolute nailed it! But I don't get the grading. They gave my Eagles a C, how? Derrick Barnett is a HUGE disappointed, Sidney Jones can't sniff the field, Rasul Douglas is a turnstile and Mack Hollins is a Dolphin now. That was one of the worst Eagle drafts of all time in my opinion. 

Edited by League_Champion

14 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

The Saints absolute nailed it! But I don't get the grading. They gave my Eagles a C, how? Derrick Barnett is a HUGE disappointed, Sidney Jones can't sniff the field, Rasul Douglas is a turnstile and Mack Hollins is a Dolphin now. That was one of the worst Eagle drafts of all time in my opinion. 

Part of the grading is based on how many are still on the team and in the NFL, even as backups.

I can give you 10 worse Eagle drafts in the last 30 years, lol

8 minutes ago, Zooty said:

Part of the grading is based on how many are still on the team and in the NFL, even as backups.

I can give you 10 worse Eagle drafts in the last 30 years, lol

There's definitely worse Eagle drafts but to give that one a C is ridiculous. Barnett is just serviceable, the rest are stiffs. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

There's definitely worse Eagle drafts but to give that one a C is ridiculous. Barnett is just serviceable, the rest are stiffs. 

I thought Barnett was better than that but you would know better than me.  I am also curious to see if people agree with their team's grades 

I definitely don’t agree on his take that Odenigbo is going to be forced to compete to be a starter. Of course he’ll have to earn it, but he makes it sound like it’s a tall order. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a starter and a stud for the Vikes this year

Edited by Finn5033

1 hour ago, Finn5033 said:

I definitely don’t agree on his take that Odenigbo is going to be forced to compete to be a starter. Of course he’ll have to earn it, but he makes it sound like it’s a tall order. I’ll be surprised if he isn’t a starter and a stud for the Vikes this year

The whole article is a tall order.  You need a pretty intimate detail of every team's dynamics and a broad knowledge of players which is why I thought it was an interesting topic.