[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Burrow 'waiting to see before signing Bengals contract

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Nope, that's all guaranteed 

No it's not.  It's pre-determined, i.e. the CBA dictates the amount, but not the structure.  Thank the dumbass Panthers for giving Cam Newton 100% of the money guaranteed on the first year of the new CBA for the trend, but it's not part of the CBA.

Does anybody have a source like NFL CBA or something else that explains the terms of when a team has to pay the signing bonus? I cannot find a source that shows that and everything I've read (even business and salary cap type stories) mention it being a signing bonus "paid when you sign the contract" or "paid upfront". I know the salary cap hit can be spread out, but the payment is guaranteed and if they had years to pay it, the player could be owed money when they are released while under contract.