[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Hello again Hugh.

Fri the 19th is my trade deadline. I have a trade pending through today. I'm quite sure it will go through. SMorris/WGreen for A Lelie. I get Lelie. I am thinking of proposing to trade one of my WR for McGahee.

I already have DD/OSmith/Brown/SJackson.

(WR)RMoss/Walker/Horn/Burleson/Lelie/Lloyd/Colbert 6-4

He has:

Priest/Blaylock/McGahee/Cahtman/ATrain/Zereoue. 5-5

(WR)Ward/Clayton/Driver/Keyshawn/Graham.

He could use another WR and I could use a solid RB with Brown up and down and OSmith splitting time. I was thinking about offering maybe Horn(sprained knee) since Moss is due to return after this week. Is that giving too much and am I making too much out of McGahee? If so do you see any other trade options here?

Edited by 1badfish

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugh standard scoring.

Do I start Rattay or Harrington?

Williams, Moulds or McCardell,

Like you said in a previous post if williams is healthy he will have a good day, but those days have been limited to the first couple of weeks of the year.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Owens is my other WR

My starting rb is McCallister, Martin

Edited by 1stand10

Hugh, two real quick things need your advice on: 1) which team def you like better to hold onto the rest of the year, TB or AZ, and 2) which two players would you drop off my roster for cut-down (one will be a def obviously, but who else)?

Thanks, roster below.

Bulger, Marc STL QB

Rattay, Tim SFO QB

Davis, Domanick HOU RB

Green, William CLE RB

Jackson, Steven STL RB

Lewis, Jamal BAL RB

Morris, Sammy MIA RB

Thomas, Anthony CHI RB

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Gardner, Rod WAS WR

Horn, Joe NOS WR

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Ward, Hines PIT WR

Clark, Dallas IND TE

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Longwell, Ryan GBP PK

Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB

Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def

560684[/snapback]

Neither defense is great, and Tampa has the better matchups, so keep them.

I'll assume you have to start a TE, so you can't drop one of them. I guess it's between William Green in a RBBC, A-Train the backup, and Morris the RB on a really bad team.

A-Train has value now, probably more than anyone, but is useless when Jones comes back, so I guess for the long run, I'd drop him.

Posted this earlier but thought I'd ask you directly. 

I need 2 of these guys:

Djax v Mia - Hass shaken up and NIA pass D is top 5.  Won't Alexander be the focus against a team with no O?

Clayton v SF - fairly confident w/Clay, SF is awful and Clay has been the #1

RoyW v Minn - its really between Roy and Djax to start with Clay.  Minn O makes teams pass and Minn pass D is not good.  Mix that with a bad RB and 1 WR in DET and Roy should be ok.

Thoughts if you don't mind.

560693[/snapback]

I think it's a no-brainer. Roy Williams plays the Vikes, as long as he's healthy, he could have a HUGH day. San Fran defense gives up a lot of passing TD's, expect Clayton to score and be quite active in the offense. DJax has a tough matchup, and since Miami probably won't score much, this will not be a throwing - shootout type game.

Williams and Clayton.

Hugh

some great matchups here, pick 2

clayton vs SF

roy williams @ minn

jimmy smith vs TEN

mccardell @ oak

last week you recommended jimmy and roy but I should have played clayton instead.  I am leaning to playing jimmy and clayton.  Jimmy had 15 targets, clayton is mr. consistency which I value highly.  But Roy and keenan both have great matchups too lol.

also, atlanta D @ giants, buffalo vs st louis, or arizona @ carolina.

560703[/snapback]

Very nice options. I think I kind of answered this at some point, so I won't go into much detail. Roy Williams plays the Vikes, if he's 100% healthy, he's a great option. If not, go with Smith and McCardell.

I have looks through literally hundreds of

posts and have not run across my situation,

Hugh...

QB: Plummer or Brady

RB: alexander starts along with 1) droughns or blaylock

with Pittman available...

WR: walker, wayne, burleson, or patten

TE: gates (gloating here)...

Def: Atlanta

TD=6 and 1pt/20yds running and receptions

I am going against Manning and need a very

big day...

--should i chance a plummer start

--who to start with alexander

--and which 3 WRs???

thanks...much

560711[/snapback]

First, the easy one: Walker, Wayne and Burleson.

Brady or Plummer, well, those who know me know what I think of Plummer. That being said I'm not a Brady fan either. :D Both have good matchups, and as much as I think Plummer sucks, I don't think even he can have a bad day against New Orleans. Play Plummer.

At RB I think I'd actually play Pittman here. It's close between Pittman and Droughns, but I think I'd go Pittman.

Guest Red Raider

Hugh

I have a problem deciding who to start at W.R.

W.R. are: Walker vs Hou, Mason vs Jax, Moulds vs STL, Lelie vs NO and Morton vs NE

I'm sure I am starting Walker, the rest I am not sure. I need 2 more out of the 4 left.

1. Mason: does not do well against Jax and Tenn has no McNair, no Brown and lost 2 from off. line

2. Moulds: Can the Q.B. get him the ball, passing can be done against the Rams.

3. Lelie: can I count on him? Should get many passes against NO if they do not run all day.

4. Morton: I do not trust him. Is NE def. banged up as people think?

Regular performance scoring.

Thanks.

In a standard whining league who should I start

Kawtz

jesdpie

rdaled

geaux4LSU

Kawtz is my stud whinner and a must start every week.  I just need to know which two out of the other three I should start.  I'm thinking jesdpie and rdaled.  geaux4LSU hasn't done much the last several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

560555[/snapback]

That is hands down the funnies thing i've seen in a long long long long long time.

TD only league. Can only start two RBs. On roster now: T.Jones, C. Portis,S. Davis(IR), L. Johnson(worthless). Can put Davis on IR, going to waive Johnson-who to pick up? Free agents I'm looking at: J. Chapman (if Tomlinson can't go), A. Smith, S. Morris. Pretty slim pickins, but it's a 12 team league so depth is hard to come by and the trade deadline has passed (not that any of these tight-wads would be willing to give something for something). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hugh -

Got a couple of conundrums this week that i'm hoping you might help me decide on :

first off at QB, liek everyone else who started him last week and expected big things, I am cold on Carr and just picked up Griese off waivers. So firstly:

Carr V Packers

Griese V 49ers

I'm thinking that Griese, though he has been good lately, may not HAVE to throw that much as 49ers pretty much suck on all aspects of defense, while Carr will have to throw more (not that that means much judging by what he did against the Colts).

my other conundrum is at RB:

Blaylock V Patriots

Pittman V 49ers

I need to pair one of the above with Domanick Davis. Thinking Pittman might be the safer start to get me 10 - 15 points but not sure as he burned me a little this past week when Blaylock would have been the better start. Any help on these 2 questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks fella!

560715[/snapback]

Carr or Griese. That's ugly. Play the matchup:

GB D: 233 YPG, 20 TD's

9er D: 219 YPG, 17 TD's

Wow, they both suck. :D Start Carr, even though he hasn't been good as of late, I think GB's D should help him look better.

Yes, Pittman.

Must Win situation this week...then again isn't that how it is every week!!

Pick 1 TE and 1 RB.  6 pts for TD's no pts for Receptions.

JPutzier DEN at NO

KDilger TB vs SF  -I like Dilger he's had the hot hand.

AThomas CHI vs IND -Obviously have to wait for the end of the week, but my gut says ATrain is the safe bet.

TJones CHI vs IND

TWheatley vs SD

560732[/snapback]

Tough call on the TE's. Both have great matchups against soft pass defenses. I like Dilger better as well.

Right now it looks like A-Train is going. If this turns into RBBC, bench A-Train and start Wheatley, if not, A-Train is the better option.

Good luck.

Hugh...dont laugh....Ive got a kicker question  for you. 

Longwell @ HOUSTON or Kaeding @ OAK.

Thanks

560733[/snapback]

:D I generally like starting PK's on teams that score a lot of points, which GB should do this weekend. I'd start Longwell.

Alright Hugh, pull out the crystal ball. Regular performance scoring, greater points for longer TD (anything over 19 yds). Who has better chance of blown-up for big pts this week?

Rattay or Griese?

I'm in need of BIG week from QB. I'm leaning Rattay, because I think that TB is going to get out to a lead and run or atleast use Pittman alot in this game. Rattay's arm is a concern, doubtful he'll make through the season. What do you think? :D

560737[/snapback]

Can't risk starting Rattay imo. He looked bad last week, and his arm isn't getting better. San Fran gives up a lot of TD's through the air, so Griese should do well.

Start Griese.

Need 2 RBs, 1 QB, and 1 WR from the following this week:

Carr vs GB

Rattay @ TB

LT @ OAK (still tentative about the injury & playing time)

Wheatley vs SD

D Davis vs GB

Bettis @ CIN

Moulds vs STL

Driver @ HOU

Thanks in advance for the input!

560762[/snapback]

Carr.

The bye weeks should have helped LT, so barring any setbacks in practive this week, or any talks of RBBC, start LT.

Domanick Davis is the next obvious choice here. Bettis is a decent option as well, but I start Davis and LT, unless we hear something negative about LT, then start the Bus in place of LT.

Man, I really like Moulds, but like I mentioned earlier, Bledsoe freaking sucks and is killing Moulds. That being said, they have a better matchup this week, and Moulds is a good WR and the primary target, so I think he's a better option than Driver.

I'm back.  Same question.  Although it's been 3 weeks since I last asked for your advice.  Favre or McNabb?  Do I take Favre against a low rated D on Sunday night where he likes the spot light.  Or the inconsistent stub McNabb against a high rated D?

560763[/snapback]

I don't bench McNabb. If nothing else I'm consistent. :D

They're really both good options, but how can you bench McNabb?

Hugh, suggestions for starting 2 running backs.

12-Team, 3-divisions, non keeper league.

Traditional scoring.

Starting 2 RB.

T. Jones/A. Thomas vs Indy

K. Barlow vs TB

K. Jones vs Min.

Last report out of Chicago was Jones may start Sunday but might split carries

K. Jones doing better maybe good start against Min.?

Barlow, who knows.

Any advise. Thanks.

560771[/snapback]

If A-Train gets the start, and Jones is out, A-Train is a great option. If Jones plays, it will be a RBBC, and then neither is a good option.

I think Kevin Jones is far and away your best option here if A-Train doesn't play.

So, in short, start A-Train and K. Jones if T. Jones isn't playing. If T. Jones is playing, start K. Jones and Barlow, and hope Barlow doesn't do anything stupid again.

Which D:

Bears

Cardinals

Which QB:

Delhomme

Hasselbeck

thanks Hugh

560789[/snapback]

Already answered the defense question: Cards.

Already answered the QB question. Normally Delhomme, but with the fracture, I think he's too big of a risk, so I start Hasselbeck.

Hugh- Pick three to start this week.

J. Walker (GB) @ HOU

J. Horn (NO) VS DEN

A. Johnson (HOU) VS GB

M. Clayton (TB) VS SF

1 pt per 10 yards and 6pt for TD.

Thanks...again

560791[/snapback]

Javon Walker is a no-brainer.

A. Johnson is a no-brainer.

That leaves us with Horn and Clayton. I'm sticking to my guns. Horn is 5th in yards and 8th in receptions. Despite the tough matchup against Champ Bailey, I start him over Clayton. So we'll see who's smarter, Hugh One or the Huddle. :eek:

Hasselbeck or Rattay?

560917[/snapback]

Rattay's a HUGH risk with the injury imo, but Hasselbeck won't put up good numbers. Depends on how lucky you feel. If Rattay goes and makes it through the game, he should out-perform Hasselbeck. That being said, there's a good chance he doesn't finish the game and then you're in trouble.

thanks in advance hugh....

WDIS....pick 3 WR.

walker @ HOU

harrison @ CHI

mccardell @ OAK

holt @ BUF

burleson vs DET

the first 3 are penciled in as of now...but i could really start any of them :D

also brees, edge, and amman green will be starting at other positions if that has any effect on your decision. thanks again man... :D

560925[/snapback]

Holt is questionable with a concussion, and you have enough other good options, so I'd bench Holt.

Walker and Harrison are must starts, and that leaves us with McCardell and Burleson, and that's pretty much a no-brainer too. McCardell.

So, McCardell, Walker and Harrison.

Who else you start doesn't change my mind. I start the guys with the best chances of doing well imo, which is based on performance, matchup, and history.

Hugh, might as well complete the trifecta...

Need to start 1 TE - I've been going with Dallas Clark and he hasn't let me down.  I also have Dilger going against a weak SF D -- he's also scored 3 of the last 4 weeks.  Who's got your fancy for week 11?

Thanks again pal.

560995[/snapback]

Both good options, but lay the hot hand, play Dilger. SF has given up 20 passing TD's, there's a good chance Dilger makes it 4 out of 5.