[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

is portis nicked up?

vansmack32

Ya, he's been nicked since putting on a Redskin uniform.  Looks like the debate of who makes the DEN running game work has finally been settled this season!

569154[/snapback]

Dunno 'bout that. With Brunell as the QB for more than half the season, I don't think anybody could've run the ball any better than Portis has for the Skins.

Plus didn't Griffin have a coupla' real stinkers running behind that Denver line?

Dunno 'bout that. With Brunell as the QB for more than half the season, I don't think anybody could've run the ball any better than Portis has for the Skins.

Plus didn't Griffin have a coupla' real stinkers running behind that Denver line?

569163[/snapback]

Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and now Reuben Droughns. How many more examples do we need to provide?

Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and now Reuben Droughns.  How many more examples do we need to provide?

569167[/snapback]

So I take it you're saying these guys are really scrubs and if not for the Denver line, they wouldn't be doing squat?

However, if every RB is a lock for stardom behind the Denver Line....why did Griffin turn from a Man into a Mouse?

So I take it you're saying these guys are really scrubs and if not for the Denver line, they wouldn't be doing squat?

569179[/snapback]

Not all of them. Portis is obviously a talented back (as I've said before), but to say that his numbers didn't benefit significantly from Shanahan's system and Gibbs' line coaching would be flat-out untrue.

However, if every RB is a lock for stardom behind the Denver Line....why did Griffin turn from a Man into a Mouse?

Not every back is a lock for stardom in Denver, but their chances are significantly enhanced. Griffin's lack of success could be attributed to the fact that he's rather small to be a featured back (many speculated that he wouldn't last a full season in a featured role) and the pounding that he took began to slow him down rather quickly and, ultimately, landed him on IR.

Griffin's lack of success could be attributed to the fact that he's rather small to be a featured back (many speculated that he wouldn't last a full season in a featured role) and the pounding that he took began to slow him down rather quickly and, ultimately, landed him on IR.

569186[/snapback]

Just to clarify here, Griffin lost the starting RB gig due to ineffectivness, not injury.

Griffin wound up on IR because of his KR duties. His injury occured long after he'd lost the starting gig as the Denver RB.

Griffin is small though....no doubt about that.

Ineffectiveness could be attributed to a minor, nagging injury.  LT certainly wasn't himself in the two weeks leading up to his bye.

569203[/snapback]

So now what the heck are you arguing? Griffin should've kept the RB gig?

Hey Bill in the day, with sunshine, the sky is blue.

What ya got to say about that?

So now what the heck are you arguing? Griffin should've kept the RB gig?

569210[/snapback]

No, I'm suggesting that he may have been banged up enough over the first few games to slow him down.

You asked the question, all I'm doing is trying to answer it. If you don't like my responses, don't reply to them.

No, I'm suggesting that he may have been banged up enough over the first few games to slow him down.

569223[/snapback]

So you're supposing he may have been ineffective because of being banged up?

Lets play along with your supposition. If Griffin was ineffective only because of nagging injuries, then why, once he was healthy again, didn't he reclaim the starting gig?

So you're supposing he may have been ineffective because of being banged up?

Lets play along with your supposition. If Griffin was ineffective only because of nagging injuries, then why, once he was healthy again, didn't he reclaim the starting gig?

569284[/snapback]

Because perhaps he never really recovered from those nagging injuries by the time that he suffered that season-ending injury on that kick return? I'm just speculating. It's all a moot point now, as Droughns has proven once again that journeymen and backup-caliber halfbacks can look like studs in Denver.

You're such a pathetic loser. Portis is a good back, but his stats were CLEARLY over-inflated by Denver's system. You laughed at me when I told you that Portis wouldn't sniff 5 yds/carry in Washington and now you're eating some serious crow (3.9 yds/carry and a pathetic two rushing TDs). I regret not making a sig line bet with you to embarass you further. :D