[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico BurrAss injury news?

lobsterclaw

So far this season Cowher has been playing on the side of caution. After his press conference today Stan Savern , a sports reporter in pittsburgh, stated that he thinks unless Burress is at 100% that cowher will sit him down this week. Just as he did with Staley last week. Staley could have played if it were a "must win" game but Cowher chose to sit him an extra week. I think part of it will depend on Randel El's hamstring as well. Cowher had him on the injury report as well.

I know this is just a report from a local reporter that covers the steelers but i thought i would give the information. If I hear anything more concrete as the week goes on I will post it here.

What are the chances that Burg keeps riding the Bus and keeping Plax out as long as possible to have two healthy options in Staley and Plax come playoff time ... I'm not saying they sit for the last five but maybe one or two more to give them some rest before the playoff ... on the other hand ... if they win the rest of their games or end up with the same record as the Pats then Burg will have home field advantage for playoffs which comes in real handy.

Status Update:

Plaxico Burress is still a punk-ass biatch who cannot hold a candle to Hines Ward.

585265[/snapback]

Yeah Ward has really picked it up since Plax went down.............

Yeah Ward has really picked it up since Plax went down.............

585293[/snapback]

The Steelers haven't had to throw the ball to win the last couple weeks which is why Wards numbers are down since Plax's injury... really has nothing to do with Plax.

I think Squeegie was refering to the way Ward plays as hard as he can on every play while Plax (seemingly) goes through the motions at times.

I think Squeegie was refering to the way Ward plays as hard as he can on every play while Plax (seemingly) goes through the motions at times.

585366[/snapback]

Exactly. Plax will not lay out for a pass and will not fight for extra yards after the catch. He constantly gives up on plays and cries for an interference flags. And he dies stupid chit that hurts his team.

Dude has no heart. Hines Ward is all heart, motherfawker!

The Steelers haven't had to throw the ball to win the last couple weeks which is why Wards numbers are down since Plax's injury... really has nothing to do with Plax.

585366[/snapback]

Yeah you can say that but maybe you could cut Burress some slack because I think Ben prefers throwing to him. In the 7 games that Roeth has been the starter Burress has caught more yards than Ward in 5 of those games. Ward also has only 1 receiving TD in the last 8 games. Plax has caught 4 TD's in the same span and played in 2 less games.

Whatever the reason why the Steelers didn't throw as well/much in the past 2 games Ben has a preference for Burress. Not having Burress on the field has limited the Steelers offense. Roethlisberger also isn't going downfield as much; in all of his previous starts his avg yard per throw was never less than 7.0. In fact in 5 of those games he avg'd over 8 ypa. His last 2 games without Burress it was 6.6 each.............

Edited by phenom

Yeah you can say that but maybe you could cut Burress some slack because I think Ben prefers throwing to him.  In the 7 games that Roeth has been the starter Burress has caught more yards than Ward in 5 of those games.  Ward also has only 1 receiving TD in the last 8 games.  Plax has caught 4 TD's in the same span and played in 2 less games.

Whatever the reason why the Steelers didn't throw as well/much in the past 2 games Ben has a preference for Burress.  Not having Burress on the field has limited the Steelers offense.  Roethlisberger also isn't going downfield as much; in all of his previous starts his avg yard per throw was never less than 7.0.  In fact in 5 of those games he avg'd over 8 ypa.  His last 2 games without Burress it was 6.6 each.............

585419[/snapback]

All of that can be true and Ward can still have 100 times bigger heart that Plax... which is the point she was trying to make.

Yeah you can say that but maybe you could cut Burress some slack because I think Ben prefers throwing to him.  In the 7 games that Roeth has been the starter Burress has caught more yards than Ward in 5 of those games.  Ward also has only 1 receiving TD in the last 8 games.  Plax has caught 4 TD's in the same span and played in 2 less games.

Whatever the reason why the Steelers didn't throw as well/much in the past 2 games Ben has a preference for Burress.  Not having Burress on the field has limited the Steelers offense.  Roethlisberger also isn't going downfield as much; in all of his previous starts his avg yard per throw was never less than 7.0.  In fact in 5 of those games he avg'd over 8 ypa.  His last 2 games without Burress it was 6.6 each.............

585419[/snapback]

As someone pointed out in another thread, I think it is about Ben's confidence/comfort level with Plax. Plax is a big, tall target that Ben is more comfortable trying to hit. He is a mere rookie. He will learn that Hines is the go-to guy.

All of that can be true and Ward can still have 100 times bigger heart that Plax... which is the point she was trying to make.

585432[/snapback]

I thought steeler was a guy. Typo?

Neway, heart only takes you so far. You can't teach talent.

As someone pointed out in another thread, I think it is about Ben's confidence/comfort level with Plax.  Plax is a big, tall target that Ben is more comfortable trying to hit.  He is a mere rookie.  He will learn that Hines is the go-to guy.

585435[/snapback]

As far as Ben learning that Ward is the go to guy that's a big maybe. The first game he played against Miami Ward had 9 catches for 96 yards and a TD. Ever since then Ben has preferred Burress; perhaps Ben is finding out who he wants to be the go to WR..............