[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rueben Droughns is a THUG

Swiss Cheezhead

I can only imagine what Compton natives are thinking as they watch this NFL Countdown special on Droughns's childhood. I mean, come ON. They're REALLY stretching to make us believe the guy is a thug-turned-smiling-star.

Does anyone remember the scene in "Swingers" when Mikey's acquaintance pulls a gun out on the "House of Pain" crew and justifies it by saying he grew up in L.A., only to be corrected by Mikey saying "Anaheim". "Whatever, man!" :D

"Baby Crip Gangstas"?? I'm pretty sure the neighborhood surrounding MY high school was scarier than the outskirts of Disneyland.

Does anyone remember the scene in "Swingers" when Mikey's acquaintance pulls a gun out on the "House of Pain" crew and justifies it by saying he grew up in L.A., only to be corrected by Mikey saying "Anaheim". "Whatever, man!" :D

593598[/snapback]

If your name was Sue, you'd have issues too. Now let's go make Wayne Gretzky's head bleed!

That was a horribly disappointing feature.

He did seem pretty amused with himself for having broken into cars and stolen radios ... and proud of his gang-member brother in Federal prison who threatened to beat him unless he stuck with football and stayed in a minor gang rather than stepping up to a hard core gang ... Momma seemed a lot more upset that the police shot at Rube during the car theft than she did about Rube and his brother stealing the car ... :D

How the heck did Rube get a college scholarship?? Wanna believe he had the academic talent to earn a full ride through one of the great universities in our country????? Think he had his homework with him in the backseat while he was helping steal the car, in his hands while he was out "tagging buildings", or in his backpack as he "just had fun like stealing radios out of cars and stuff"? Sure. :D

What of the kids who busted their butts in school, got good grades, kept their noses clean, and still couldn't get into that college because a criminal like Rube took their spot because he could run the rock?

He sure thought it was all pretty funny. B)

That was a horribly disappointing feature. 

He did seem pretty amused with himself for having broken into cars and stolen radios ... and proud of his gang-member brother in Federal prison who threatened to beat him unless he stuck with football and stayed in a minor gang rather than stepping up to a hard core gang ... Momma seemed a lot more upset that the police shot at Rube during the car theft than she did about Rube and his brother stealing the car ... :D

How the heck did Rube get a college scholarship??  Wanna believe he had the academic talent to earn a full ride through one of the great universities in our country?????  Think he had his homework with him in the backseat while he was helping steal the car, in his hands while he was out "tagging buildings", or in his backpack as he "just had fun like stealing radios out of cars and stuff"?  Sure. :D

What of the kids who busted their butts in school, got good grades, kept their noses clean, and still couldn't get into that college because a criminal like Rube took their spot because he could run the rock?

He sure thought it was all pretty funny.  B)

593675[/snapback]

Stop bringing trivial things like morals into fantasy football discussions...you'll ruin my day. :D

P.S. Is someone still upset that they traded him away?

Stop bringing trivial things like morals into fantasy football discussions...you'll ruin my day.  :D

P.S.  Is someone still upset that they traded him away?

593722[/snapback]

:D Pittman's emergence and LT/DD's returns have eased the pain of my dufus prediction that QGriff would get the ball back when healthy.

It was a weird feature. I think they thought it put him in a good light "kid overcomes challenges" traditions, but I don't think it came across that way given the amusement he took in all his crimes ... maybe he was nervous and embarrassed and laughed at it all to just get through it. Here's hoping.

Being a Denver homer but not a donkies fan, i've heard quite a few interviews with the guy and he just seems like the type of guy that is happy about everything.

I would say he's a genuinely good guy. He's willing to give a good interview and is sort of goofy in every one I've heard. I swear, if he gets an ACL injury, he'll be giggling about it on the radio after the game...

I give him a thumbs up.

:D  Pittman's emergence and LT/DD's returns have eased the pain of my dufus prediction that QGriff would get the ball back when healthy. 

It was a weird feature.  I think they thought it put him in a good light "kid overcomes challenges" traditions, but I don't think it came across that way given the amusement he took in all his crimes ... maybe he was nervous and embarrassed and laughed at it all to just get through it.  Here's hoping.

593803[/snapback]

It was a weird feature.  I think they thought it put him in a good light "kid overcomes challenges" traditions

I know what you mean, the way they said that "that was the ONLY night he ever spent in jail" like that made him some sort of Saint or something...I was thinking, I've never spent a night in jail, so I must be extra special.

but I don't think it came across that way given the amusement he took in all his crimes ... maybe he was nervous and embarrassed and laughed at it all to just get through it.  Here's hoping. 
I think nervousness may have been part of it, he didn't seem like a bad dude, but of course it's hard to tell from such a small sample. Edited by Skrappy1