[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Priest Holmes

CaptainHook

Just curious. Now, for the second time in 3 years, Holmes probably helps get your team to the play-offs, only to go on IR when you need him the most. In my league, 2 years ago, the Priest owner was the #1 seed with the most total points, and lost in the play-offs without him. Once again, this year, the same guy is #2 in points, but is now Holmes-less.

How did everybody else fair 2 years ago when he went down? How are you doing this year? Can you win? More importantly is he worth it? This is the drawback of a 30+ year old running back. They usually just can't stay healthy. Would you draft him again? Thoughts?

Edited by CaptainHook

Injuries can happen to anyone at any time. RB's take the most punishment of any of the fantasy positions so it is no surprise to lose a RB during you season.

Yes it sucks to lose them right when it counts most but if you do you job as an owner you shouldn't be stuck on that one player. You should have options at all times and not be stuck counting on Priest to carry your team even though he is capable of doing it most weeks.

I am one of those teams that lost out when he went down in the past. This year in one league that I have him I also have Bulger so I am really taking a hit going into the playoffs. I went from being the easy choice as the number one seed and a first round bye to losing my division and the first round bye to a tiebreaker. Having Blaylock go down at the same time that Bulger went down pretty much killed me in that game.

As for if I would do it again. No doubt. Priest is special and can win you games almost by himself. Winning the playoffs is possible if you don't get there and players like Priest make getting there much easier.

Knowing, going into the first pick, I would grab the Priest. Yes...he helped me to a 10-3 record (to win the regular season $). However, I planned accordingly and made transactions along the way to BACKUP my team incase of injury. Any decent FFB player knows that it is not only one phenominal player that gets you the crown (unless you have Manning this year). It takes a TEAM to win the whole *** thing. That is why my running backs look like this going into a week 15 playoff.

Holmes (ug)

Martin

J.Jones

K.Jones

Goings

Staley

Not a bad list to take me into the winning circle....so to answer your question?

Yes, he was worth it. Helped me get to where I am, and had fun watching him play in the process.

Edited by heehawks

Priest was worth having on my team. He singlehandedly won me several weeks, as I had some weeks where he was the only huge performer on my squad. I had Blaylock and Johnson handcuffed for much of the year.

I've been fortunate in that I picked up Julius Jones a few weeks before he came back. He's filled in nicely in the stud RB department and I'm gonna ride him through the playoffs.