[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Julius Peppers at WR?

Hitman

Panthers | Peppers Getting Time at WR - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:35:05 -0800

Panthers.com reports Carolina Panthers DL Julius Peppers is being utilized in the team's offense at wide receiver, particularly around the red zone area. "It is a way to take advantage of a guy who is an exceptional athlete," head coach John Fox said. "He's big and tall, and I think he's going to win his share of jump balls, in particular down in the tight red area. He's a guy that's got enough talent to do those kinds of things, and we've injected him into some small packages on offense."

This guy is an awesome athlete. Remember he played Forward for the NC Tarheels basketball team. Makes you wonder if we'll start to see more of this type of thing. It's worked for the Pats. Why not use your best athletes and utilize their talents to the max?

Panthers | Peppers Getting Time at WR - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:35:05 -0800

Panthers.com reports Carolina Panthers DL Julius Peppers is being utilized in the team's offense at wide receiver, particularly around the red zone area. "It is a way to take advantage of a guy who is an exceptional athlete," head coach John Fox said. "He's big and tall, and I think he's going to win his share of jump balls, in particular down in the tight red area. He's a guy that's got enough talent to do those kinds of things, and we've injected him into some small packages on offense."

This guy is an awesome athlete.  Remember he played Forward for the NC Tarheels basketball team.  Makes you wonder if we'll start to see more of this type of thing.  It's worked for the Pats.  Why not use your best athletes and utilize their talents to the max?

611836[/snapback]

Yeah this is pretty cool.

Who did the Pats do something like this with?

I only saw it once last week, although it may have happened more than that.

They lined Muhammad wide right and Peppers wide left and it was 3rd and goal from the 3 towards the end of the first half.

Peppers was a decoy and they tried a fade to Muhammad.

He sure looked pretty imposing out there though.

They lined Muhammad wide right and Peppers wide left and it was 3rd and goal from the 3 towards the end of the first half.

611999[/snapback]

Who does the Defense assign to cover him? It would be comical to see him up against a little bitty CB.

611999[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken they ran one with him to the right as well where Delhomme threw it over his head.

This guy is an awesome athlete.  Remember he played Forward for the NC Tarheels basketball team.  Makes you wonder if we'll start to see more of this type of thing.  It's worked for the Pats.  Why not use your best athletes and utilize their talents to the max?

611836[/snapback]

Not only did he play for the basketball team, but he also helped them go to the final four. I looked up some info on him because I remembered the announcers talking about his leaping ability on one of the passes & I remembered him having a pretty good vertical when coming out of college and I found this...

Peppers is a frightening combination of speed and power. He bench-presses 425 pounds, runs the 40-yard dash in 4.5 seconds and has a 37.5 inch vertical leap. He was a key performer on the North Carolina basketball team for two seasons and helped the Tar Heels to the Final Four in 2000. Playing as the sixth man, Peppers had 21 points and 10 rebounds in an NCAA tournament game against Penn State last season.

Pretty awesome indeed... :D