[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help to get A Johnson for Porter.

I have Moss and Porter and am trying to rid myself of Porter in a dynasty league. I want to try and get Andre Johnson. I have the 3rd pick in each round (12 teams) in the rookie draft next week and am looking at Arrington #1. We start 1-2 RB and 2-4 WR. Here is my roster:

Brooks, Aaron NOS QB - 10

Harrington, Joey DET QB - 3

Volek, Billy TEN QB - 10

Gus Frerotte

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB - 6

Chatman, Jesse SDC RB - 10

Droughns, Reuben CLE RB - 4

Duckett, T.J. ATL RB - 8

Fisher, Tony GBP RB - 6

James, Edgerrin IND RB - 8

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB - 10

Morris, Maurice SEA RB - 8

Rhodes, Dominic IND RB - 8

Bennett, Drew TEN WR - 10

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR - 8

Lewis, Greg PHI WR - 6

McDonald, Shaun STL WR - 9

Moss, Randy OAK WR - 5

Porter, Jerry OAK WR - 5

Watts, Darius DEN WR

LJ Smith TE

He has no first round pick and here is his roster:

Carr, David HOU QB - 3

Green, Trent KCC QB - 5

Griese, Brian TBB QB - 7

Henson, Drew DAL QB - 9

Bell, Tatum DEN RB - 9

Davenport, Najeh GBP RB - 6

Gordon, Lamar MIA RB - 4

Griffin, Quentin DEN RB - 9

Henry, Travis BUF RB - 9

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB - 6

McGahee, Willis BUF RB - 9

Minor, Travis MIA RB - 4

Morris, Sammy MIA RB - 4

Chambers, Chris MIA WR - 4

Jenkins, Michael ATL WR - 8

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 3

Johnson, Chad CIN WR - 10

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 3

Parker, Samie KCC WR - 5

Woods, Rashaun SFO WR - 6

Gates, Antonio SDC TE

So what do you guys think I should offer with Porter to get Johnson (aside from giving up my first rounder)?

So what do you guys think I should offer with Porter to get Johnson (aside from giving up my first rounder)?

827389[/snapback]

Start small and see if he bites with a Porter for Andre Johnson straight up deal. If he says no, then ask him if he'd be interested if you threw in a later round pick. Good luck.

Agree w/ previous poster. He may be growing tired w/ waiting for Johnson to explode. He might take Porter straight-up. If not, Porter and your 3rd rounder would probably be fair.

As an aside, you're taking Arrington at #3 over Benson? Assuming Brown & Williams go 1, 2... I would be hard-pressed not to take Benson third. Arrington's not a terrible choice, though.

Agree w/ previous poster.  He may be growing tired w/ waiting for Johnson to explode.  He might take Porter straight-up.  If not, Porter and your 3rd rounder would probably be fair.

As an aside, you're taking Arrington at #3 over Benson?  Assuming Brown & Williams go 1, 2... I would be hard-pressed not to take Benson third.  Arrington's not a terrible choice, though.

827443[/snapback]

Actually I expect Benson to go 2nd. I like Arrington over Cadillac. Plus Arrington will probably start from day one.

Actually I expect Benson to go 2nd.  I like Arrington over Cadillac.  Plus Arrington will probably start from day one.

827460[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Arrington over Cadillac??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Um. OK.

Cadillac will most likely be the BEST RB out of this rookie class... if this is a dynasty league, and Williams falls to you at #3, you should be jumping for joy in taking him. He WILL start. He will be nothing short of Marshall Faulk (in his hey-day) in a year or 2. Mark it down. You'll be making a MAJOR mistake if you take Arrington over Cadillac.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Arrington over Cadillac??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Um.  OK.

Cadillac will most likely be the BEST RB out of this rookie class... if this is a dynasty league, and Williams falls to you at #3, you should be jumping for joy in taking him.  He WILL start.  He will be nothing short of Marshall Faulk (in his hey-day) in a year or 2.  Mark it down.  You'll be making a MAJOR mistake if you take Arrington over Cadillac.

827492[/snapback]

Faulk?

Um OK.

Williams is good, but Arrington is has quicker feet. I just don't like Cadillac's syle of play for the NFL--he's too small too run over people like he did in college.

Think about it dude! You're in a dynasty league. Take the sure thing and land either Benson or Caddy with that #3 pick.

If you want Arrington trade that pick down for some value later on, or trade the pick straight up for Johnson. I'd trade a wideout to take one of the big 3 rookie backs in a dynasty. I'd be laughing at you as I accepted that trade.

You've got the chance to land a franchise back in a rookie draft though. That doesn't happen often.