[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help on 2nd Keeper

I need to choose between 2 of the following players for keepers: Willis McGahee, Javon Walker, or Tony Gonzalez. I'm definitely keeping McGahee. Without going into too much detail, our keeper rules are such that I would forfeit my 1st and 10th round draft picks for keeping McGahee and another player. I'm having a hard time deciding between Walker and Gonzalez. Walker should get quite a bit more points but Gonzalez is the elite at his position. I'm leaning towards Gonzalez (albeit barely) because of the premium on his position. If I keep Gonzalez, I figure I'll draft a RB with my 2nd round pick and then a WR or another RB (we can start up to 3 with a flex position) in the 3rd round. I should note that I'll pick 4th in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I figure I should be able to get a comparable WR in the 3rd (Walker could still be available even). I figure there are more WR in Walkers class than there are TE's in Gonzo's class. I also see Gonzo as the less risky pick since I'm worried that Walker will bomb if Favre ever goes down with a major injury (he's due).

If I kept Walker instead, Gonzo should be available in the 3rd but there may be some very good WR or RB's available still so I could be tempted to get them instead. I doubt I could get Gonzo when the draft snakes back to me in the 4th round.

What's everyone think about this strategy? What would you do?

Helps to know how many teams and scoring rules of your league.

Assuming all owners have keepers and will lose their 1st round picks as well, that leaves you with the 4th and 14th or 16th overall pick of the draft???

I like your thoughts on Gonzo and probably would declare him as my 2nd keeper. With the 4th pick, I'd go with another RB since (again assuming) most owners will be keeping at least one RB. Fill your needs here first as most of the other owners will probably want to do the same thing. This should leave a decent group of WR's to choose from with your second pick.

I like your thoughts on Gonzo and probably would declare him as my 2nd keeper. With the 4th pick, I'd go with another RB since (again assuming) most owners will be keeping at least one RB. Fill your needs here first as most of the other owners will probably want to do the same thing. This should leave a decent group of WR's to choose from with your second pick.

902007[/snapback]

Good stuff. :D