[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

foster, davis, shelton, goings.

crispirons

i didn't see the game last night, just saw the highlights. is there any reason to doubt why deshaun won't be the man? just curious how the others fared and how they looked. what i saw of fosters couple of runs, he looked quick and explosive. didn't see any of the others on the highlights. barring injury, foster should be an excellent 3rb, with potential to steal into your number 2 rb slot, no??

i didn't see the game last night, just saw the highlights.  is there any reason to doubt why deshaun won't be the man?  just curious how the others fared and how they looked.  what i saw of fosters couple of runs, he looked quick and explosive.  didn't see any of the others on the highlights.  barring injury, foster should be an excellent 3rb, with potential to steal into your number 2 rb slot,  no??

951531[/snapback]

Foster is going to be the man in fact some report that they want to get the ball to him 30 times in the game!! All so JJ Arrington will be the man in Ariz :D

I'm far more worried about the certain bench-er, than the what-if bench-er. :D

951596[/snapback]

i agree here.

of course his durability is a ???? i'm just saying, barring that, do the other guys actually have a chance to overtake him? i don't think so, but i'm waiting for panther dave to enlighten us.

i agree here.

of course his durability is a ????  i'm just saying, barring that, do the other guys actually have a chance to overtake him?  i don't think so, but i'm waiting for panther dave to enlighten us.

951623[/snapback]

Well there is no doubt that Foster is the man as of now, and he will get the chance early on to tote the rock 25-30 times a game, because this is why the Panthers drafted him in the second round 4 years ago, they believe he can be an elite back in the NFL. Well, this year he get's his chance, but if he continues to have fumble problems or durability questions, well then, I believe we will see the 2 Back attack Fox used in the 2003 SuperBowl run, but with Foster the #1 this time and Davis the #2. Then back that up with Goings and Shelton. Also, don't be suprised to see Shelton steal his share of goal line TD's. Peace PD.

Well there is no doubt that Foster is the man as of now, and he will get the chance early on to tote the rock 25-30 times a game, because this is why the Panthers drafted him in the second round 4 years ago, they believe he can be an elite back in the NFL. Well, this year he get's his chance, but if he continues to have fumble problems or durability questions, well  then, I believe we will see the 2 Back attack Fox used in the 2003 SuperBowl run, but with Foster the #1 this time and Davis the #2. Then back that up with Goings and Shelton. Also, don't be suprised to see Shelton steal his share of goal line TD's. Peace PD.

951704[/snapback]

Didn't he cough it up last night with nary a touch?

Didn't he cough it up last night with nary a touch?

951708[/snapback]

Yes, yes he did, and I can promise you pine time if he keep's it up. When he get's out in space he will tend to chicken wing it and bring it away from his body, with Foster it's a technique thing, but old habits die hard or end up putting him on the bench.

is there any reason to doubt why deshaun won't be the man?

Aug 28

Updating previous reports, the Gaston Gazette's Steve Reed reports Carolina Panthers RB DeShaun Foster has conceded that RB Stephen Davis will be the team's starting running back opening day, if Davis' injured knee holds up. "We all know Stephen (Davis) is the starter," Foster said after Carolina's 23-20 preseason win Friday night, Aug. 26, over the Cleveland Browns. "That's how it is. We have a good player right there and he's going to help the team out and we're glad to have him back." The Panthers would like an offense similar to 2003 when they ran both Davis and Foster at teams every week. There were times when Davis was more effective, and other times when Foster carried the load. Foster is no lock to make it through the season with getting hurt. Right now the team has four other backs that could step in should Davis and Foster get injured.

Edited by WaterMan