[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pay Attention Boys

lions suck

Having coached kids that age in football, I just LOVE trick plays and so do the kids. We reprised the statue of liberty play with some success. Pretty funny.

Having coached kids that age in football, I just LOVE trick plays and so do the kids. We reprised the statue of liberty play with some success. Pretty funny.

We ran that same play last October on the 10-12 year old team I helped coach. It was the championship game. Our QB did not sell it as well as on the video, and one of the coaches yelled RUN too soon. It was 4th and 15 and we did get the first down, but no touchdown.

The other teams coach freaked. We lost the game and when it was over he came over to us just laughing his butt off.

Pretty funny play. :D

Nope...Ball was legally snapped. You dont have to block if you dont want to! :D

But as I saw the video, the center stood up and handed the ball to the QB over his shoulder. Shouldn't there have been a flag as soon as he stood up??? Dam, they have called Kreutz several times for just rollin' the ball around. :D If a lineman stands up BEFORE the "hike and being set" it's a penalty!

Please explain where I am wrong! DMD, Lions, Miss,?????

No where in any rules that I have seen does it mandate that the ball must be centered through a players legs to be a legal play. The line must be set first usually for a second or two (depending on the ref - just so that they are all "set"), but as long as the play occurs after the ref whistles it live (or however), then the only rules I know of is that the line must be set, the correct number of players must be on the line and once the ball is exchanged to the quarterback, the play is live. If I ever did this, and man - I wish I had thought of it - I would have definitely told the refs before we did it so they wouldn't freak out. But as long as the line was set and still and only the center moved first, then I see no reason why it would not be legal. Your QB would be crushed if the DEF knew what was going on which is why centers snap it between their legs and immediately block, but I see no reason why someone couldn't just hand it back off.

The center stood up BUT he had the ball. Once the ball moved, it was a live play.

It is not off sides. I played center and we ran the same play more than once. Most of the times it worked. Actually, I think everyone tried to run that play at least once and we were taught to never let a ball walk around like that unless a whistle was blown.

No where in any rules that I have seen does it mandate that the ball must be centered through a players legs to be a legal play. The line must be set first usually for a second or two (depending on the ref - just so that they are all "set"), but as long as the play occurs after the ref whistles it live (or however), then the only rules I know of is that the line must be set, the correct number of players must be on the line and once the ball is exchanged to the quarterback, the play is live. If I ever did this, and man - I wish I had thought of it - I would have definitely told the refs before we did it so they wouldn't freak out. But as long as the line was set and still and only the center moved first, then I see no reason why it would not be legal. Your QB would be crushed if the DEF knew what was going on which is why centers snap it between their legs and immediately block, but I see no reason why someone couldn't just hand it back off.

The center stood up BUT he had the ball. Once the ball moved, it was a live play.

Fair enough.

Would have been a funnier video if the defensive end had levelled him. :D I wonder if there are videos out there where this DIDN'T work?

Good Point...Now that I would like to see. Even better coaching!! :D