[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tough Trade Decision

Snyper

12 team redraft league. NOT a PPR league. 1pt per 10 yards rushing/recieving. 1pt per 20 yards passing. 6pts per TD.

2 bonus pts for 50+ yard TD

I have been offered a trade of Steve Smith and Tatum Bell for Thomas Jones and Calvin Johnson

Here is my current roster and we start 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1PK 1DEF

QB Jon Kitna

QB Matt Schaub

RB Joseph Addai

RB Clinton Portis

RB Thomas Jones

RB Kevin Jones

RB Leon Washington

WR Andre Johnson

WR Chris Chambers

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Terry Glenn

TE Greg Olsen

TE Zach Miller

PK Jason Hanson

DEF Dallas Cowboys

Would you pull the trigger on this trade to give me Andre Johnson and Steve Smith as starting WRs?

Edited by Snyper

You would make your starters better and your bench weaker. this trade is to close for me to really call. if I got to make a call I would say keep Jones and Johnson.

This was my thought originally too but then I'm not sure if I am making my bench that much weaker since I should have the definate starting RB for Detroit this way. Gives me Addai, Portis, and whoever is healthy running for Detroit. Problem comes in if they both are healthy and split time. Then again I think Thomas Jones might be losing time to Leon Washington as well. Such a tough call.

Edited by Snyper

I wouldn't do it. Indy and Detroit have the same bye week. If you keep Jones you have 2 strong running backs every week barring injury.

edited to ask you to look at my post please...thanks

Edited by BRUISER

I wouldn't do it. Indy and Detroit have the same bye week. If you keep Jones you have 2 strong running backs every week barring injury.

edited to ask you to look at my post please...thanks

I agree wth this logic. This is almost a wash but Steve Smith and AJ makes for a very solid WR tandem. It may outwiegh the loss of RB depth because Jones is starter but two backs and Bell is starter with two backs. Bell is no Marion Barber so it comes down to how much better will Steve Smith perform then Calvin Johnson? If he has a 16 plus touchdown year then the trade would work but 10 to 12 (his average) Calvin should hit that.

Seems to be pretty split and thats kind of where I am at as well. Any final thoughts before I pull the trigger? The trade would not go through before this Sunday so I wouldn't get them till week 3 if that changes anything.

Edited by Snyper