[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flex Help - Hackett over R. Grant or Rudi Johnson

joeyb7

I can start either 4 WRs and one RB or 3 WRs and Two RBs. This is a PPR League. Below are my options

WRs

Curtis vs. DAL

Holmes vs. BALT

Marshall @ DET

Coles vs. WAS

Hackett @ CLE

RBs

Addai @ NE

Grant @ KC

Rudi Johnson @ BUF

I'm thinking:

Curtis

Holmes

Marshall

Addai

Grant

Should I sub in Hackett as my Flex instead of Grant? Or possibly start keep my RBs as is and Sub in Hackett instead of Holmes, Curtis or Marshall?

Help!

Definitely in the minority here, but I'd start Hackett over Grant this week. The KC defense is tougher at home, the Pack are bound to have a letdown and this is the game. The pack will be behind and have to throw and Morency will see time in the game at that point. Grant should be stopped up pretty good this week, whereas I think Hackett could return and have a great game in a possible shootout with the Browns.

Just my 2 cents.

Definitely in the minority here, but I'd start Hackett over Grant this week. The KC defense is tougher at home, the Pack are bound to have a letdown and this is the game. The pack will be behind and have to throw and Morency will see time in the game at that point. Grant should be stopped up pretty good this week, whereas I think Hackett could return and have a great game in a possible shootout with the Browns.

Just my 2 cents.

while you're in the minority, I tend to agree with you (even though I temporarily have Grant plugged in my lineup.) For one reason or another, I think Grant could be a bust tomorrow and Rudi could have a so so game (60-70 yards, no TD) and Hackett might have a pretty good game.

I'm seriously considering plugging in Hackett.

I'm not sold on Grant at this point, we've seen how the RB situation goes in GB. Favre is going to be airing it out anyway. Hackett is just coming back, but Seattle will have to be throwing here as well to hang with Cleveland's offense. That's weird to say. Seattle's running game hasn't exactly excelled either. I'm going to lean toward the minority also and say Hackett. I also can't go with Rudi at this point either.

I'm not sold on Grant at this point, we've seen how the RB situation goes in GB. Favre is going to be airing it out anyway. Hackett is just coming back, but Seattle will have to be throwing here as well to hang with Cleveland's offense. That's weird to say. Seattle's running game hasn't exactly excelled either. I'm going to lean toward the minority also and say Hackett. I also can't go with Rudi at this point either.

Thanks for your input....Here in MA at least, we get the 1:00 GB game....I almost don't want to watch it if I plug in Grant. I have to talk to my co-owner - he might be leaning towards Rudi Johnson if the news is good or Hackett too.

I would definitely rule Rudi out. Who knows if he'll even hold up with that hammy.

Grant does have a tough matchup and Hackett is just coming back. Grant has the worse matchup but you know he's gonna get more touches and more opportunities than Hackett. With Hackett you would hoe he burns the secondary for a deep ball TD.

I would stick with Grant despite the tough matchup

I have a hard time playing a number 3 wr over a starting running back. I think that Rudi and Grant will get enough touches to out score Hackett. Rudi is playing Buffalo, Grant at KC. KC and Buffalo are in the top 10 for points allowed to RB's. I would probably play Grant.

I have a hard time playing a number 3 wr over a starting running back. I think that Rudi and Grant will get enough touches to out score Hackett. Rudi is playing Buffalo, Grant at KC. KC and Buffalo are in the top 10 for points allowed to RB's. I would probably play Grant.

I think that both you and steelhead have good points. Unless Rudi is given a 100% start and go, I think I have to rule him out. Perhaps I'm disillusioned thinking that Hackett could have a 5 for 60-70 and a TD game. I guess I just don't want to be that guy who starts Grant after one good week and regrets that decision.