[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Transaction/trade fees

bigmike4969

Does your league have fees for trades/pickups/etc?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Does your league have fees for trades/pickups/etc?

• Yes
    • No

My local, which has been going for ten years now, charges $1 per transaction. The player does not become property of the new owner until the cash is in the commissioner's hand. If it's a trade both owners have to pay before the trade is considered complete and it's only $1 no matter how many players from each team are involved. We average between $300-350 a year and the money is added to the final payouts.

Another league I am in charges $5 per trade and $3 per waiver pickup. There is not nearly the activity, perhaps $100-125 per year.

No, as a matter of fact, we just did away with them this year. They become an accounting hassle for the league and the individual and it is just easier to collect a hefty fee up front.

Five dollars for @player on WW or trade. I read that your leagues have problems collecting or it cuts down on moves. Not so in my local. People are too competitive to let a thing like money stand in the way of a championship. At the end of the year I have a side bet with another owner for who makes the most transactions. That's either the worst n the league or the league champion in most cases. We put the money up for that bet right after the draft. Our transaction money pays for our draft; the hall, catering, draft board and whatever else the league needs. Our site and so-forth. This way every year the money collected for the entrance fee is given out 100%. As far as collecting it hasn't been a big deal.

Edited by jgcoach

We do waivers $1 trades $2...no limit. Trade deadline.

Both my leagues average 120-160 in moves (12 teams)

People pay at the end (never a problem)but I have considered making them submit a reserve and they can make trades/waivers until their fund runs out. Then either send more money or stop making moves. They could decide how much the wanted to have in the "bank"