[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

waiver wire picks

Mark5

we tried weekly pick ups last year on CBS, set it up as worst record gets 1st choice on Thursday waivers and then if you missed out on your choice Friday was a "1st come , 1st serve" deal.. this didn't work out well. we are having a pre-draft meeting soon and I am looking for options that actually work.. like-- when you make a pick you move to the bottom regardless of your record (but how does CBS record the picks as far as time..ie 8:30, 8:35) or we have talked about just bidding on players starting at $10 and high dollar gets him.. dont even know if CBS is set up for this..

what works in your league???

We always did first come first served, but this year we're running it this way: Everyone starts with $100. Each week you bid for free agents by Tuesday mid-night. High bidder wins (tie-breaker is record). Then they are open.

I've also done it through yahoo using at the end of each day the person with highest priority gets the first pick. Then they go to lowest priority. Then they look at the next highest priority person, they get their pick and go to the bottom (the first guy would then be second from last)....etc.

I'm interested as to why worst to first didn't work for your league?  It has always been good for us and keeps the playing field more even.

913706[/snapback]

It basically had to do with the restrictions CBS had on our breakdown-- record, then points scored then head to head.. you couldn't use a list of tiebreakers on waiver order.. it just went by record.. it was a little confusing.. we are going to bring up the bidding thing..

I'm glad you said something about this, in my one league we were going to do this (CBS) but now i'm just thinking maybe have the commish compile an email with the rankins and email them out and then have everyone email in their list of pickups in order of who they want.

I'm glad you said something about this, in my one league we were going to do this (CBS) but now i'm just thinking maybe have the commish compile an email with the rankins and email them out and then have everyone email in their list of pickups in order of who they want.

914417[/snapback]

man, I thought CBS had a pretty good WW rule. If this is true, then I'm screwed. I am the Commish and was hoping to avoid the "mail me yer pick" plan as I didn't want to have to email my picks to someone and then compare and do the math...

So what yer saying is that the WW rule on CBS doesn't factor in all the variables?