[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Set up Question

gilthorp

Does any commish that is familiar with the MFL system know how to do the following?

Keeper set up with draft round values attached to certain players...how can you insert a keepr into a specificed draft slot?

Example...I am keeping Priest Holmes and that will require my 1.08 pick to be used for him. How can I scrub that 1.08 pick before the draft begins...or does this process have to wait until we are in draft mode?

Thanks for your help.

Set up your draft as you normally would under the "Draft Order Setup: All Rounds" option with all the teams, and make it serpentine or straight, or whatever. Save it.

Then, you can go into "Draft Order Setup: One Round", go to the round in which an owner is supposed to lose a pick, and simply remove that owner's pick from the list.

It won't add a particular player at that pick, like you say... but you can just manually add the kept players to the rosters pre-draft... and then remove the picks manually, so they won't even come up. Same effect.

(EDIT: Changed settings to their real names)

Edited by AtomicCEO

You can technically insert a kept player into a certain draft slot, however, this had to be done at the time the 2005 league was created and the keepers were pulled forward from the 2004 league using the Load Keepers in lieu of draft pick.

From the MFL Help page:

Go to the For Commissioners > Setup > Players and Rosters > Load Keepers screen and check the checkbox next to each player that should be kept on each roster. This will move those players onto each owner's active roster for your 2005 league, and make those players un-draftable for your 2005 league. Optionally you can also define the specific draft pick taken by each keeper player. For example, if your league rules dictate that an owner can keep up to three players, in lieu of their first 3 rounds of draft picks, when the commissioner loads the keepers onto the rosters at the beginning of the season, he may indicate what draft pick the owner has given up for that keeper player. Once the commissioner has completed the "load keepers" step, the system will automatically update the draft report to indicate the keeper players in their appropriate slot, and also automatically skip over that pick when it comes up in your draft.

NOTE: If your league is active in the Spring and Summer, but does not specify it's keeper players until the preseason, you should still upgrade and transfer all your keeper players from your previous year's league. Then, when you do decide to cut down to your keepers, use the For Owners > Drop Players screen, leaving only the remaining keepers on each franchise. If your league additionally allows for a variable number of keepers per franchise, you'll need to use the For Commissioners > Draft Setup > Draft Order Setup - One Round screen to customize your current-year's draft to account for this variability. Leagues that require a common number of keepers should instead setup a new draft at round 1 for all franchises.

I have been all over the MFL boards on this same topic. Ideally, I would have not loaded rosters until next week, but that's not what they tell you. I am having them reset my league and "re-snapshot" my 2004 site so I can pull in the rosters and use the "In leiu of" option. We have had trading going on this month as people position for the draft. My only option to get them in and charge the owner with the proper pick (their original draft slot) is to have them reset the league.

Unless you prepared for this, there is no way to attach players to draft picks at this time....since we've been doing a lot of trading, I don't want to re-set this to several months ago.

Deleting the pick a player is attached to, but I think it's going to be best to skip the picks manually, so notes can be put into the draft report as to which player the pick is being used for.

I went back and made the transactions (there were only 3 or so, picks and drafts spots traded) on the 2004 site. When he resets, we will carry forward the rosters into 2005 from the 2004 site. I basically made the 2004 current until today. Now when I load rosters, the traded player will be on the proper teams to do the "In leiu of" option.

It's kind of FUBAR'd, and they admit this area needs work, but it is not going to happen this year. I suggested they just let the commish edit the draft ahead of time, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I wasn't satisfied with deleting the picks, because the "errors" will be carried forward all year. Not good enough to me... :D I was thinking about that option until I saw that he reset for someone else.