[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This year's Marc Boerigter Award candidates?

Todd1

which is why I think taking a flier on Ciatrick Fason is worth a final pick. Fason showed some moves before he got hurt and they drafted him for a reason. Although with Smith coming back next season he isnt a great keeper pick.

Good topic.

Some will disagree, but I'd say Mewelde Moore. He didn't have a huge season. He had three good games against mediocre defenses, and people talk about him like he's destined for greatness. I don't see it. The man has never even seen the endzone. If you have Bennett, fine; he's a good handcuff option. If he falls to you late, fine. However, to reach for him while there are still starters on the board is nuts.

942530[/snapback]

Mushin is a partial qualifier, he had 2 good years in 99 and 00, but nothing compared to 2004. I don't think he'll repeat at all.

KRob is almost a never was, but 78 catches & 5 TDs his 2nd year have never been duplicated and people still get burned drafting him.

More classic examples I just thought of are Leroy Hoard, who as a goal line back had about 10 TDs one year in Minn and never came close to repeating.

Another was GB TE Tyrone Davis who had 7 TDs in 98 as the #2 TE and everyone thought he was going to be Favre's "Red Zone man" the following year. Ah, not.

While Marcus Robinson was a fantasy player last year, he had that 'big time' year with Shane "Ants Marching" Matthews in 1999 w/ 84 recepts and 9 TDs. He never came close for 5 more years!! Lots of people got burned on him in 2000...

Ok, one of the best all time... after 1997, Kordell Stewart was going to throw 20 TDs and run for 10 EVERY year, right???? (shades of Mike Vick...)

Edited by Todd1