[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bettis

chonchito

Now the news is coming out that Staley might miss the first month of the season. Remember that last season he had a bruised hamstring and basically missed half the season (along with other previous injuries he's had). Where does that leave Bettis? I know that he has said that he can't carry the load all season as a #1 rb. I also have heard that Willie Parker is looking great in camp. Is Bettis a viable #3 rb in the 6th round or is he a lower choice? Will Bettis play enough to be a fantasy starter at least occasionally (I apologize if this is in the wrong section)?

Edited by chonchito

Now the news is coming out that Staley might miss the first month of the season.  Remember that last season he had a bruised hamstring and basically missed half the season (along with other previous injuries he's had).  Where does that leave Bettis?  I know that he has said that he can't carry the load all season as a #1 rb.  I also have heard that Willie Parker is looking great in camp.  Is Bettis a viable  #3 rb in the 6th round or is he a lower choice?  Will Bettis play enough to be a fantasy starter at least occasionally (I apologize if this is in the wrong section)?

949583[/snapback]

Well, I'm a major Steeler homer, and I am not high at all on Bettis in performance leagues If you are in a TD Only League, he can be solid, but I don't look for anything spectacular for him in a performance league. The fact is that Bettis carried the load so much last year when Staley went out because of the time of year it was. He had been used very little the first 7 weeks, and the Steelers knew they could ride him out through the year. This year, they are going to be very careful with him, even with Staley out. Both Haynes and Parker are going to see time spelling the Bus often. Don't get me wrong, I think Bettis is going to be productive, but I think his touches will be limited, and once Staley gets back, Duce moves back into the # 1 role, and Bettis moves into short yardage, give Duce a break mode a la early last year. This is why the Steelers are taking it slow with Duce, because they have more confidence in Haynes and Parker than they did in previous years. There's my $.02

I took him in what is the 8th round of our keeper draft as my #3 RB (I didn't have a 4th round selection). However, I made sure I took Parker two round later. I planned on taking Staley late (10th-11th), but he was taken before then. Staley has never been fully healthy, and he seems to be worse with Pittsburgh.

Jebus, I have 4 Steelers on my roster. Only one of them (Defense) should start on non-bye weeks.