[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newbie suggestion

chumley

Just wondering. With all of the stats available is there something here that

will allow you to put in your roster and the the other team you are playing this week and have it pick the best the best players for you to use that week.

I know its like putting FF on auto-pilot, but it would be interesting to see if what you

pick and what the stats people pick are similar and if any of it actually proves true,

since there is a LOT of luck in this game. :D

Edited by chumley

I know a good way to find out how your starters compare to your opponents starters. I did that last season and it gave me pretty good results (I finished the season 10-3). This is not exactly what your are looking for but it's worth a try.

Just enter your starting lineup and your opponent's lineup in an Excel spreadsheet. Add your league scoring rules in the spreadsheet and enter DMD's projections for the week for your starters and your opponent's starters. That will give you a pretty good evaluation of your team's scoring potential for the week. If your team's total his much lower that your opponent, its a good indication that you should perhaps consider looking at your bench and make a substitution.

This game is all about managing risk. Knowing when to swing for the fences or play conservative is the key to success.

Good luck.

For a manual way to do this here, you can take the The Game Stat Article and average what each player on both teams would gain themselves and what their opponent that week gives up ... and then add it all up ... Last year, they also posted projections for each week per player, so I'd gather those up and score them based on our scoring system ... Neither are very scientific, both are manual, neither meant much ... but it served as a chew toy prior to game time and made my wife roll her eyes as the girls and I calculated the stats and discussed their inner meanings ... Enjoy. :D