[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roethlisberger

Bombs Away

Ben had a nice 1st half, but he was part of the reason the Steelers lost today. He couldn't hit anyone in the 2nd half. Additionally, they abandoned the run way too quickly. Ben, was quickly looking at getting out of the pocket before looking downfield. Between the play calling and Ben they gave NE every opportunity they could to give the game, and sure enough they were successful.

Ben had a nice 1st half, but he was part of the reason the Steelers lost today.  He couldn't hit anyone in the 2nd half.  Additionally, they abandoned the run way too quickly.  Ben, was quickly looking at getting out of the pocket before looking downfield.  Between the play calling and Ben they gave NE every opportunity they could to give the game, and sure enough they were successful.

1021487[/snapback]

Maybe, and I know I'm going out on a limb here, the Pats DB's had the recievers covered, and he knew if he stayed in the pocket too long with no one to throw to he'd take a few more sacks. The Pats D-line is pretty good, and big Ben impressed me by shaking off a couple of rushers, moving out of the pocket, and making a couple of good plays.

The guy is a second year Q/B that throws as many times during a game as a high school q/b. He's expected to do more because of the hype surrounding him from the success the team had last year. Without a running game to dominate the game for him he'll take some lumps as do most all new q/bs. I can give the guy some slack for that reason alone, if some could accept the fact he's not super q/b. He'll do fine and progress as well as many others, it'll take some time.

The guy is a second year Q/B that throws as many times during a game as a high school q/b. He's expected to do more because of the hype surrounding him from the success the team had last year. Without a running game to dominate the game for him he'll take some lumps as do most all new q/bs. I can give the guy some slack for that reason alone, if some could accept the fact he's not super q/b. He'll do fine and progress as well as many others, it'll take some time.

1021606[/snapback]

Exactly.