[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Own T. Jones or C. Benson?

yo mama

Most - including me - assumed Benson would be the starter after the Bears' bye

At a minimum, Jones will split carries with Benson with both in the same backfield at times. So Jones will still have good value after the point I figured he'd be relegated to handcuff status, which is nice for his owners.

But based on the comments of both the head and running backs coach, Jones looks to be the primary ball carrier for the foreseable future, which would be even better for Jones' owners. While the Bears' OC seems to be singing a slightly different tune, in that his comments place more emphasis on Benson, even he isn't prepared to call him the starter any time soon.

Just remember, when they were chasing Cincy last week and T. Jones needed a breather, it wasn't Benson that came in, it was Peterson.

So, in terms of the specific passing package for that week, he was invisible.

Now, can a team, during a bye, fix that problem? I think they can.

IMO, that was the last game, regardless of circumstance, that Benson won't play in. But, there's absolutely no denying that T. Jones is and has been doing an excellent job and deserves to be the starter.

Something else to consider when reading Mullin in the Tribune today.

If in fact the playbook will have both Jones and Benson in the same backfield, it wouldn't be a stretch to think the Bears will try to use Jones in a capacity similar to Westbrook, where they can try to find him single coverage against LB's in the passing attack.

No, I'm not saying that Jones is Westbrook, or that Jones will put up Westbrook type numbers, but in leagues where RB's are gaining bonus points for receptions, I think we'll see his value clearly higher in those types of leagues.

It's not a stretch that Jones will become their 2nd or 3rd option in passing situations and although the two of them may line up in the backfield together, they'd be short sighted if they didn't eventually split Jones out to a side before the snap.

It's not a stretch that Jones will become their 2nd or 3rd option in passing situations and although the two of them may line up in the backfield together, they'd be short sighted if they didn't eventually split Jones out to a side before the snap.

1031225[/snapback]

Actually, Jones already is the Bears' 2nd passing option.

While Mark Bradley has seen 13 passes to Jones' 10, Jones has 9 receptions, which is the 2nd most for the Bears and nearly double the next highest pass-target (several of whom have 5 receptions).

Moose is obviously their #1.

Edited by yo mama

CHI should ride the hot hand in TJones while Benson rides the pine... its not too common for a rookie RB to come in and make a big splash (Caddy aside of course)...

Is is realistic to think that if Benson played now he would be performing better than Jones? Highly unlikely. More importantly, would the team be better with Benson in there? Again, highly unlikely.

Let TJones do what hes doing and if and when the opportunity presents itself Benson will get his chance.

CHI has a few more pressing problems at hand aside from which RB should be the primary atm...

I have em both on my roster so I am unbiased in a way i guess :D

God, I hope so...I have a sinking feeling this Steven Jackson chest problem is going to last a while...

1031674[/snapback]

As a Jamal Lewis owner with Jones as my #3, let me just say - and in my best Bill Clinton voice - "I feel your pain. Now, where's that intern..."