[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One of those years

Gdawg

I am sure everyone has had one of those years when your team runs into a buzz saw every week. So far this year my team has been torched by Favre, Alexander, and yes I did face Peyton Manning the week he threw FOUR TDs. Last night it was Alexander, I was winning by 17 before the game started and losing by 8 when it ended (the Seattle D chipped in a few points for me).

I still have S. Jackson and Edge tonite...and he has the Colts D. Not liking my chances there.

Nothing you can do but shake your head. Just one of those years. :D:D:D

I hear ya. Had one of those years last year. 2nd in total points and took 5 th place. (then rolled on for the losers championship). This year, I am experiencing the total opposite. I am 5-1, 5th in total points and have lost 4 starters to injuries. I do have my doubts that I can keep up this pace for the rest of the season.

Yeah, I am the leader by far in points scored against. Sadly I looked forward to next week and my opponent has a slate of cake matchups again :D

Glad to hear you've had a turnaround season though, hope you can keep it up! I know injuries are tough to navigate but it sounds like youre gettin the job done :D

you are only down by 8 and have both running backs tonight?

quit your bitchin' - should be an easy win.

tony

1076366[/snapback]

he should def. pull it out. come on.

he should def. pull it out. come on.

1076425[/snapback]

you are only down by 8, right? you have edge and sjax against a D, right?

what is your scoring system? if it's 1 point per 10 rushing yards and 6 for a TD, you should have no problem. i agree, if you have some funky scoring system like 3 points per TD and 1 point per 25 yards rushing, then you will have a harder time, but even then you still have a good shot.

not sure what you are thinking ...

tony

I wish I shared your confidence, but the Colts D has been a point machine this year.

The Rams are a fantasy gold mine given all the sacks and picks they cough up on a regular basis.

1076464[/snapback]

edge - 120 yards + TD - 18 points (could blow up higher)

sjax - 90 yards + TD - 15 points (average)

indy D - 20 points (outrageously generous - the Rams can score points and will show that Indy's defense, while good, is not infallible)

conservatively, you still win by at least 5. i think you will win by more. the only thing you have to watch out for are those killer defensive TDs.

now sit back and enjoy the game.

:D

tony

Dont worry, I plan on enjoying the game, headed off to the bar for a third straight day of football :D This is the best time of the year!

Unfortunately we get 1 point per 20 yards rushing or reciving, 6 for TDs...so if Edge gets 120 + a TD and jackson gets around 90 + a TD that would only give me 22 points, I'd only be up by 14. Hopefully no Martz means a lot more running for SJax!

Yeah 20 points would be a lot for the Colt D, cant see that happening without a defensive TD.

You guys are right, it could be close. Guess I just need to step back and look at things more objectively. As you guys all know thats a hard thing to do when it comes to Fantasy Football :D

You guys are right, it could be close. Guess I just need to step back and look at things more objectively. As you guys all know thats a hard thing to do when it comes to Fantasy Football  :D

1076552[/snapback]

definitely - it's important to keep perspective here ...

now, if god could just open up the skies and strike down steven jackson while temporarily granting both reggie wayne and kevin curtis the ability to fly, i might have a shot in my match.

tony

I could live with God striking SJax down with righteous vengeance as long as he also decreed that Edge would score 4 TDs :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I know youre down in you matchup but best of luck to you tonite!

I could live with God striking SJax down with righteous vengeance as long as he also decreed that Edge would score 4 TDs  :D

Thanks for the encouragement. I know youre down in you matchup but best of luck to you tonite!

1076613[/snapback]

well, he had 3.

told you that you had nothing to worry about ...

tony