[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Happened to My Team?

Check my sig line for the lineup. I can understand weeks where Culpepper is killing me early in the season and how my WR's are hurting me for depth and consistent points. Still, I am on the cusp of falling to 1-5 in my league and looking at a LONG climb to get into the playoffs. I just don't get it. This team should be no worse than 3-3 and yet I can't score even 30 points (this week). The Cincinnati defense is my best scoring option so far this year, and I ALMOST DROPPED THEM AT THE START OF THE YEAR!!!

If the kind folks who either know how to win in FF or have experience with supremely disappointing teams could chime in with suggestions, it would be much appreciated. My disillusioned mind thinks I can still make some noise with my lineup. I either need opinions on how to make that one (or two) critical change or the voice of reason telling me to play for the #1 pick next season.

first and foremost you probably have been starting cpepp and been getting throttled by the other teams opposing QB- you should be starting favre. you have 1 great back in edge just needs to score more and a great second back in barber with good depth behind them. your major problem is at WR - that's where you are getting murdered every week- you have ward. by the looks at what your starting lineup can consist of you drafted wrong. every other team probably has stronger WRs than you and that's where they make up points on you. you can start up to 4 WRs in that league and you have 1 good one- trouble. you need to trade one of your backup RB and cpep to get the best 2 WRs you can and that could help bigtime.

Who is available on waivers? I agree with the above poster ... move one of your backs (maybe even Edge!) to try and get TO, C. Jackson or Steve Smith ... or one of the other backs for someone like Fitzgerald, Bolden or likewise.

I'd also drop Janokowski and pick up Bironas or Cortez if they're on the waiver wire.

I'd also drop Janokowski and pick up Bironas or Cortez if they're on the waiver wire.

1077950[/snapback]

Whoops, I already dropped Janikowsky. I have Kasay from Carolina now. He's been doing OK for me. I don't think Bironas would be an upgrade from the current kicker situation.

More insight? I understand the problems at WR. I actually had Santana Moss and traded him to get Edge. Willie Parker went in that deal and so in the end I got Edge and Alge Crumpler for Parker and Moss. I just didn't trust him to put up numbers all season. As well as Brunell looks, I may be kicking myself at the end of the year.

And what you guys point out is the other half of the problem. I'd like to trade Steven Jackson, but no one is biting on trade offers. What can I hope to get for Jackson? Or is the answer really trading Edge just a couple weeks after I landed him?

PS - Waivers are pretty thin. I picked up Chris Henry this week as a bye week/injury fill-in. The next best thing is probably Marty Booker, Brandon Jones or Travis Taylor (on waivers). Antonio Chapman is another option, but I just don't see him being any better than what I already have. Maybe I'm just being stubborn with Roy Williams and Michael Clayton. I used draft picks on them, after all.

forget the waivers...now is the time to trade either Tiki or S. Jax and C. Pep for a WR. Daunte doesnt have much value but one of those rb's do and you can get a good wr. time to trim the fat and pray for no injuries to your guys. goodluck

forget the waivers...now is the time to trade either Tiki or S. Jax and C. Pep for a WR.  Daunte doesnt have much value but one of those rb's do and you can get a good wr.  time to trim the fat and pray for no injuries to your guys.  goodluck

1078168[/snapback]

OK, but what caliber do I go for? And which back do I give up? I am finally seeing Jackson live tonight and he looks pretty good when he gets touches. Problem is STL isn't known for giving him 30 carries.

And honestly, the same issue is creeping in for NY. With Manning coming along, will they take Tiki out of the game more? I honestly think the choice to let go here is Tiki, but I may be thinking about this all wrong.

And with the RB and Culpepper, what value of WR can I expect to get? I am thinking about targeting the owner of Marvin Harrison. He has Bulger as his starter, so I could offer him C-Pepp as an emergency starter.