[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holt or Steve Smith

msmith379

I am trying to trade for Torry Holt or Steve Smith. I know this may not be able to happen because of the seasons that they are having. But two different players have one of these guys on their teams. I have been trying to trade for one of them to solidify my WR's first off

Do you think I should make this trade?

What do you think would be fair value to give for one of these players (My team is below)?

Also I think there is a chance I can maybe make a trade for Terry Glenn maybe even for Tatum Bell and possibly adding Engram. Would you do this instead?

Thanks for the advice.

You may be able to get one of them a little more cheaply right now, Holt is missing Bulger for a few weeks. I havent heard anything on Delhomme; if he's out for any extended period of time you could get Smith more cheaply, but would you want him?

To be honest I would rather have Holt because of having Bulger. I have a ton of Rams on my team which will kill me come week 9. But I am in 2nd place and that week I play against the 1st place team. I will take my lumps that week if I can get him. The worst thing I have right now is deciding who on my team to drop this week to get a defense. Probably Engram.

I am trying to trade for Torry Holt or Steve Smith.  I know this may not be able to happen because of the seasons that they are having.  But two different players have one of these guys on their teams.  I have been trying to trade for one of them to solidify my WR's first off

Do you think I should make this trade?

What do you think would be fair value to give for one of these players (My team is below)?

Also I think there is a chance I can maybe make a trade for Terry Glenn maybe even for Tatum Bell and possibly adding Engram.  Would you do this instead?

Thanks for the advice.

1082896[/snapback]

With both QBs being hurt, I'd go for Smith. He has better YAC potential from the short pass of a backup QB.

Land Thief Out!

I am trying to trade for Torry Holt or Steve Smith.

1082896[/snapback]

Why? Your team looks just fine the way it is. Unless you've had really lousy luck (i.e. played the highest scoring team in the league every week), you should be near the top of the standings with that crew. You've got good players at every position. You already have a stud WR in Chad Johnson, Rod Smith and Kevin Curtis have been productive, and by the time Issac Bruce comes back, Garcia will probably be quarterbacking the Lions and Williams will become a viable starter again.

Edit: See Ditka Doom's post from today. He has a team that's very similar to yours and he's looking to deal Lamont Jordan for Randy Moss. I liked that scenario a lot better because he has Alexander and Portis as his starters, and he would be dealing Lamont Jordan (not SJax) for Moss.

However, I guess you could argue that you're making a similar trade by acquiring either Holt or Smith (presumably for SJax) and starting Alexander and Bell. My take is that there's a line where you're paying too much and keeping too little. Ditka Doom is just under that line, but I feel that you would be going over it.

Edited by tomfin2000

That's what I am thinking also, but what would be fair value for Smith.  I was thinking Bell, Curtis and Engram or Rod Smith.

1082917[/snapback]

No way would I trade Smith for these three guys, but more power to you if you can convince some sucker to do it. Getting three mediocre players for one stud is a terrible deal (even if Bell has some pretty nice upside right now).