[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gaffney or Brandon Jones?

NEPats

Gaffney has been playing like a #1 and they will be throwing against Indy.

Jones has done nothing and they may not have to throw as much against a bad Arz team and McNair has a sore back.

I go Gaffney

I was actually debating the same question, so I will be interested in the responses as well.

My thinking goes like this. McNair is already in the groove of throwing quite a bit to the TE's. In the first 6 games, TE's have been targeted 74 times and WR's 103 times. Although, with that said Bennett has been a serviceable #2 or #3 receiver most weeks (at least in my league with PPR). McNair will have more time to throw the ball than Carr which should make the passing accuracy a little better giving Jones more chance to catch the ball.

With that said it seems as though HOU is getting D Davis more involved which will be good for the passing game. Gaffney did catch 10 out of 13 balls last Sunday night, but nobody is exactly frightened by the secondary of the Hawks. I would look for Gaffney to get more looks than Jones (not by much) but this week Carr will have more pressure put on him by the Colts which will affect the throwing.

So for a one week shot I would probably go with Jones, but if you are thinking you might use him in another week or two then it would be more of a toss up.

JMO

I was actually debating the same question, so I will be interested in the responses as well.

My thinking goes like this.  McNair is already in the groove of throwing quite a bit to the TE's.  In the first 6 games, TE's have been targeted 74 times and WR's 103 times.  Although, with that said Bennett has been a serviceable #2 or #3 receiver most weeks (at least in my league with PPR).  McNair will have more time to throw the ball than Carr which should make the passing accuracy a little better giving Jones more chance to catch the ball.

With that said it seems as though HOU is getting D Davis more involved which will be good for the passing game.  Gaffney did catch 10 out of 13 balls last Sunday night, but nobody is exactly frightened by the secondary of the Hawks.  I would look for Gaffney to get more looks than Jones (not by much) but this week Carr will have more pressure put on him by the Colts which will affect the throwing.

So for a one week shot I would probably go with Jones, but if you are thinking you might use him in another week or two then it would be more of a toss up.

JMO

1083574[/snapback]

I like your analysis. Well put.. I think Freeney will be putting a ton of pressure on Carr, so even though Gaffney may catch 8 balls, they may only be for an average of 5 yds or less (my league does not give points for receptions). I may take the chance at Jones, as the Zona secondary is pretty weak against the pass

Thanks!

I like Jones here for sure. I am starting Jones this week, and for the record Gaffney is on waivers in my league so if I wanted him I could have him and start him over Jones. To me Gaffney will get his catches but won't score. Jones is playing the weak Cards D and that should be a high scoring game for sure. Anyway who says the Cards are bad so Tenn won't have to throw is blind. The Cards will score in this game. Their O is good and Tenn's D is bad. This should be a pretty high scoring game. I think Jones, who got 12 throws his way last week, should get double digit throws his way again and end with 6 or 7 catches for 60 or 80 yards and a TD.

I like your analysis.  Well put..  I think Freeney will be putting a ton of pressure on Carr, so even though Gaffney may catch 8 balls, they may only be for an average of 5 yds or less (my league does not give points for receptions).  I may take the chance at Jones, as the Zona secondary is pretty weak against the pass

Thanks!

1083627[/snapback]

Exactly. Carr will have NO time to go downfield. And now that I see no points for a reception go Jones for sure. My league gives .5 per catch and I'm still going Jones.

Anyway who says the Cards are bad so Tenn won't have to throw is blind.

1083677[/snapback]

I'm not blind. I'm just not on the Jones bandwagon. He's a rookie stepping into a #1 role with a banged up QB (not that that matters with McNair) who loves hitting his TEs so far this year. And yes I think C. Brown will have over 100 yds rushing and help control the game

He has more upside than Gaffney but he hasn't done anything yet to go crazy over IMO. And I'm not too familiar with what he has done this year (19 catches in 6 games) or in college.