[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A. Smith for Deuce

jrcapone56

I picked up Antawn Smith a couple weeks back... the deuce owner has offered me deuce for smith straight up... i know it does me no good but should i do it for next year as a keeper???

i start 2 runningbacks a week... here's my current RB's

M. Anderson (Den)

D. Davis (Hou)

L. Johnson (KC)

K. Jones (Det)

T. Jones (Chi)

M. Pittman (TB)

A. Smith (NO)

I can keep 2 Runningbacks next year... is it worth giving up smith who is a starter so i can keep deuce forever???

My only problem is my runningbacks aren't very solid, im just playing matchups weekly... Ive been having good success to this point... im 5-2 and leading my division... do i want to take the hit at RB for this season?

Yes, I make this deal. Stecker and Smith will be splitting carries and if Jesse Chatman gets into the game plan, it gets worse.

You have enough depth at RB to mix and match with.

Kevin Jones' upcoming schedule is very friendly.

Thomas Jones will continue starting.

Mike Anderson still gets plenty of touches.

Dominic Davis IS the Texans offense.

You should have no trouble playing matchups with these four.

Looking ahead to next year:

Kevin Jones is the Lions feature back and will be a worthy keeper

Dominic Davis is the Texans feature back and a worthy keeper

Mike Anderson is in his 30's and will likely give way to Bell or Shanny's next draft pick

Thomas Jones has a very expensive backup in Benson. Benson will be given every opportunity to earn his money next year. Jones may find himself traded or backing up Benson.

Adding Duece to this mix gives you one more option to choose from.

Make that deal, but understand that this is now two years in a row for Deuce to miss a lot of time. I had him in one keeper league, and outright released him. I can't have holes in my roster for half a season. Be sure to have his backup handy on your roster next year, because you definitely will need it.

I would not want Deuce on my team as a keeper. His career might be over from a statistical point of view. ACL's obviously take more than one year to come back from. I'd stay away from him period.

1093979[/snapback]

I'd get him just so you have options at the end of the year. I mean, how much is Smith going to really do for you? He's pretty much sucked his whole career, so losing him is no biggie. I'd do it, you have very little to lose, and you don't HAVE to keep McCallister anyway if you don't want to .

I'd get him just so you have options at the end of the year.  I mean, how much is Smith going to really do for you?  He's pretty much sucked his whole career, so losing him is no biggie.  I'd do it, you have very little to lose, and you don't HAVE to keep McCallister anyway if you don't want to .

1094060[/snapback]

Agreed. Use Deuce as trade bait towards the end of the year. Absolute worst case, find a team that has 2 stud RB that they are going to keep with a decent backup RB. They'd be losing the RB anyways, so trade Deuce then.

I would not want Deuce on my team as a keeper. His career might be over from a statistical point of view. ACL's obviously take more than one year to come back from. I'd stay away from him period.

1093979[/snapback]

It's true, it may take him longer than one off-season to come back from it, but have you checked Edge's stats lately? It's worth the gamble when all he has to give up is Smith. Frankly, with the backs he already has, I can't see any reason why Smith would ever crack the lineup. I'd rather have the choice to make next year after we see how much progress Deuce is making in his recovery.