[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

trying to improve at WR

ljbrun

This trade makes sense for you. Your right your hurtin' at WR and you get an upgrade at TE too (although Gonzo hasn't put up the #'s we all thought he would). Its not like Dunn is terrible either, but you always got to give up something to get somethin.

its a decent start to a trade but there is no reason at all to pick up TG - I would pluck possibly another wide reciever if possible or a more solid defense. Since you have Gates your really picking up TG for no reason - to sit or trade again. On the other side if your plan is to trade Gonz when he heats up again than you could get some real value and possibly swing him with Dunn into another solid back or reciever - just depends on the owners in your league and who needs what.

Thanks for the replies. Just the kind of feedback I was looking for.

The inclusion of TG was just to cover Gates' bye week coming up in a couple of weeks. Other than TO & Dunn, I don't think he has anybody worth pursuing (his next best WR is Bobby Engram).

I don't like the trade at all

First of all, without knowing your starting lineups

I dont see why you need 2 TE, 2 K and 2 Def

you can drop 3 guys, and pick up a couple more receivers from the waivers.

Owens has too many issues with McNasty right now and his injury.

I would not give up James for ownes

Most WR's are a crapshoot on any given day. the top receivers are only scoring 10 to 12 points sometimes a little more.

I would think edge is scoring more than that.

You do not need Gonzo.

I've been playing 2nd and 3rd tier WR's all year myself and I'm doing great in 2 leagues and losing in another.

The point is, you can pick up guys like Chatman, and Possibly Engram is back on waivers?

Hakim, R. Williams, Lloyd, etc...

play the matchups week to week you'll be fine.

Thanks admtahoe.

I'm new to FF so I'm probably not a good judge of talent. However, in this 16 team league, it just seems like there is very little FA or WW talent just lying around waiting to be picked up. For example, none of those guys you mentioned are available. So, at least until recently discovering The Huddle, I've pretty much copied the other managers in my league and tried to hang on to some decent backups until my starters are through their bye weeks.

I pretty much knew I was dead money when I started, but I am learning (slowly).