[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at WR?

RattlerB

I'm trying to decide between:

Givens (vs. a BUF defense that will get run on all day, and in a QB who spreads the wealth a bit too much)

or

Porter (vs. a TEN defense, but not getting the looks from Collins)

What say you, Huddlers?

PPC, go with Givens...Other than that flip a coin and hope...Pretty even in my mind, Curious to see whats up with the gimpy Moss..>Garbriel is pretty nice and may steal even more looks from Porter...

1100138[/snapback]

FYI: From Fanball 10/26/05

WR Doug Gabriel In his last two games, Gabriel has 10 catches for 185 yards and certainly appears to be a more favored target than Jerry Porter. He's a very sneaky play against one of the league's worst pass defenses.

From TSN 10/23/05

Doug Gabriel - WR, Oakland

Randy Moss played on a limited basis Sunday, but Gabriel was the Oakland receiver who shined. He set a career high with 101 receiving yards on five catches.

Fantasy Source spin: We liked Gabriel's sleeper potential for this game. Moss' health will continue to improve, but it's not time to part with Gabriel yet. Oakland's next two games are against two of the most giving pass defenses: TEN and KC. Gabriel could earn another start if you're stuck without surefire choices. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)

And One More:

From The Huddle's Dennis Leonard 10/26/05

Doug Gabriel – OAK WR: Last week I recommended picking up Gabriel – not to play last week – but to play this week and next week. Given Gabriel’s 5 catch 100+ yard performance against the NFL’s stingiest pass defense, I’d say he’s good to go against the Titans in Week 8. The Titans are allowing a middle of the road 218.4 average receiving yards per game, but have allowed the 2nd most receiving TDs per game (14 in 6 games). So if he’s still on waivers, he shouldn’t be. Here’s some more good news on the guy:

After last week he improved his reception ratio to 57.11%;

Zero dropped passes;

Boasting 18.3 yards per catch – 8th best in the NFL out of ALL pass targets;

Over 83% of his receptions have been for first downs, which leads me to believe Kerry Collins will start to trust Gabriel now more than ever; and

Will take Moss’ spot if Randy isn’t healthy, but could be making a move on Porter’s starting spot even if Moss does play.

Week 9 the Raiders play the Chiefs and Gabriel has a nice shot to light them up, too.

Guess what I did (look at my sig) :D