[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suspected Cheating

Fanantic

I'm the commissioner in a 12 team private league. I paid $125 in league fees. There are 2 teams involved. They are living in the same house. I already have caught him rejecting trades and making moves for his girlfriends team while she was at work. He did however admit to it. Now (of course) he is being very careful. It may seem strange, but whenever he sends an e-mail, edits smack talk, or proposes trades, everything he types is in lower case letters. When his girlfriend sent me an e-mail because she was upset I disallowed a trade between their teams, she used capitalization. Eariler today I recieved an e-mail from him. Again, all lower cased. Tonight, when I tried trading with her, and asked a question, I recieved an e-mail with her name (capitalized) and the body of the message was lower cased. I think he is running 2 teams. His team is 2-5 while her team is 4-3. Her team has better players and looks like it could compete. Am I making an issue out of nothing? What should I do? I would need proof. HELP PLEASE :D

Best idea is to just talk to him/them about it. Be honest and open in your discussions without accussing. I know that is hard, but that is the role of commish.

Just state that you have come concerns over each individual's participation and that the spirit of the league is for fun, but that each owner is individually responsible for their team.

I'd ask them about it and then depending on what you find out, take it to the league. In the interim, you should have at least one good friend in the league you can bounce this off of to get some feedback.

Finally, the lesson here is to not let boyfriend/girlfriend or husback/wife get in leagues together. Whether the questions are legit or not, there seems to be more distrust from other owners in these type of situations.

I undersand. But I really think she has lost interest and he now has 2 teams. Is that fair to the rest of us?

1100290[/snapback]

yes, it doesn't matter who is running the teams man, the problem is if they make trades. dont allow any sucky trades is all. It doesn't matter if she makes her lineup changes or he does, it doesn't matter who gets the money, as long as they both pay if one of them loses. just put it in your mind that it's her running the team (because it probably is) and keep a watchful eye.

In the interim, you should have at least one good friend in the league you can bounce this off of to get some feedback.

1100298[/snapback]

I have and he said it's difficult to prove. They are already mad at me for disallowing a trade and he has threatened to quit because of it.

I have and he said it's difficult to prove. They are already mad at me for disallowing a trade and he has threatened to quit because of it.

1100304[/snapback]

as a commish, you dont veto trades unless they're obviously cheating. i know it feels like they may have an unfair advantage, but they really don't, just so long as the trade is cool. put it to a league vote, if the league speaks, it's law.

yes, it doesn't matter who is running the teams man, the problem is if they make trades. dont allow any sucky trades is all. It doesn't matter if she makes her lineup changes or he does, it doesn't matter who gets the money, as long as they both pay if one of them loses. just put it in your mind that it's her running the team (because it probably is) and keep a watchful eye.

1100301[/snapback]

Nobody pays. There are trophies at the end of the year that will be given out. I'm footing the bill for it all.

Nobody pays. There are trophies at the end of the year that will be given out. I'm footing the bill for it all.

1100311[/snapback]

okay, so in your case, it's truly a fun get to know each other thing, sit would suck if someone was cheating just to get a trophy outta it from some friends, i wouldn't worry about it to much, i think you're reading to far into it. but talk to them just the same, or put it all to a league vote.

The basic assumption made for all trades is that each team is trying to improve itself. If either team is not, it sounds like collusion. The trouble with one person running two teams is that it is almost by definition collusion.

That said, you can't assume that any trade they make is bad. You need to look at it fairly. If a case can be made that it does, or even might, improve both teams, you have to allow it. There is no harm in talking to the other owners about the situation, however.

A few years ago, somebody dropped out of a league and my wife* substituted and drafted a team. It was never a rule, but I didn't let myself make a trade with her, just because I knew how it would look. Like somebody said, a husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend in the same league just raises suspicions, rightly or wrongly.

*She named her team "The Glamour Boys" because she read a Glamour magazine in between draft picks. Um... she won the league. Thank God she has never been pressed into duty again! :D

The basic assumption made for all trades is that each team is trying to improve itself.  If either team is not, it sounds like collusion.  The trouble with one person running two teams is that it is almost by definition collusion.

I realize this. I want to put a stop to it. It is not fair to the other owners. I don't want to make enemies here.

Had this happen to me, and I found that it is hard enough to field one good team and win and when the looser in my league tried to run two and figure out ways to get an advantage all he did was end up blowing up both teams and both came in last in their divisions.

cheaters never prosper, just dont invite them back like you said, other than that, the rest will take care of itself.

Had this happen to me, and I found that it is hard enough to field one good team and win and when the looser in my league tried to run two and figure out ways to get an advantage all he did was end up blowing up both teams and both came in last in their divisions.

cheaters never prosper, just dont invite them back like you said, other than that, the rest will take care of itself.

1100347[/snapback]

I hope you are right!

The basic assumption made for all trades is that each team is trying to improve itself.  If either team is not, it sounds like collusion.  The trouble with one person running two teams is that it is almost by definition collusion.

1100334[/snapback]

i disagree... if you had to call your commish and tell him to setup your lineup for the week,(assuming your commish is a good friend anyway) that is not collusion, and if you were busy and said "just set it up the best way, and don't screw me" that is also not collusion, that is a friend doing a favor for you.

I agree, someone should not run 2 teams, but like i said, if they're not making trades, there's really nothing to worry about. especially w/ no money involved.

half the people who post are asking for advice from other people(like you and me) so is this collusion? and everyone who make a post for advice should be kicked out of there league's. he's 2-5 and she's 3-4

they both suck so who cares. your 5-2 2 games ahead of them be happy of that.

i disagree... if you had to call your commish and tell him to setup your lineup for the week,(assuming your commish is a good friend anyway) that is not collusion, and if you were busy and said "just set it up the best way, and don't screw me" that is also not collusion, that is a friend doing a favor for you.

I agree, someone should not run 2 teams, but like i said, if they're not making trades, there's really nothing to worry about. especially w/ no money involved.

1100352[/snapback]

I estimate I will spend about $225 when it is over. So there IS money involved. MINE.

half the people who post are asking for advice from other people(like you and me)  so is this collusion?  and everyone who make a post for advice should be kicked out of there league's.  he's 2-5 and she's 3-4

they both suck so who cares.  your 5-2 2 games ahead of them be happy of that.

1100358[/snapback]

um...you know, that post made the most sense out of all these...they both suck, and neither will win..neither get the plastic trophy...good point...

I estimate I will spend about $225 when it is over. So there IS money involved. MINE.

1100366[/snapback]

am i to understand nobody put money in to help pay for these trophies? I dont really like that idea, unless you're an employer playing company FF or the like...then its cool, but otherwise, they should help out. it's a team thing.

you know, profit sharing and such.

but like i said, you have no proof, who cares if boyfriend sets girlfriends lineup. she probably agreed to play to do something special w/ her man, and now doesn't like it, or even more probable, she doesn't always type with caps on and is just as involved as week 1. just no trades :D

um...you know, that post made the most sense out of all these...they both suck, and neither will win..neither get the plastic trophy...good point...

1100367[/snapback]

She is 4-3 and on a roll. Racked up a lot of points the past few weeks and posted the best point total 2 weeks ago. (against me :D )

am i to understand nobody put money in to help pay for these trophies? I dont really like that idea, unless you're an employer playing company FF or the like...then its cool, but otherwise, they should help out. it's a team thing.

you know, profit sharing and such.

It's no problem I wanted it this way. It's not like I'm in the poorhouse because of it.

1100352[/snapback]

:D So, do you agree or disagree with me?

Seriously, in your first example one person is hardly running both teams. When I go to a game (and am thus unable to change my lineup on Sunday morning), I ask a friend of mine to make a change if he hears a player of mine is out. But I don't ask him to trade all of my good players for some of his scrubs!

As far as asking for advice being collusion... yeah, right. That's ridiculous and the poster knows it.

I think you are getting cheated more by the person you are paying the $225 for the plastic trophies...

bottom line...no lopsided trades...anything you dont this is fair..put it to the league and if the league nullifies it all you have to say is that there were concerns from "other" owners.... and the league voted that it was not a fair trade...end of story

Anything other than that you are getting your panties in a bunch over nothing.... especially in a league not for money...remember it is supposed to be fun !!!!!

:D So, do you agree or disagree with me?

Seriously, in your first example one person is hardly running both teams.  When I go to a game (and am thus unable to change my lineup on Sunday morning), I ask a friend of mine to make a change if he hears a player of mine is out.  But I don't ask him to trade all of my good players for some of his scrubs!

As far as asking for advice being collusion... yeah, right.  That's ridiculous and the poster knows it.

1100388[/snapback]

i disagree that one person merely "running" 2 teams is collusion, i dont think so. running as in setting lineups. if he's making trades then he's a cheating basterd.

i think the poster was saying his gf, who probably knows nothing of football, much less FF would ask her man who to start (or more likely, tell him to start who she should for her) if someone knows more than you, it's not collusion to pick their brain, obviously.