[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sox swap Rowand for Thome

whitem0nkey

Link

some thoughs.

The deal would be Rowand, Cash, and a young player (NOT BMac) and we would get THome and Philly would pay part of his contract.

Pretty sweet deal!

I would have to think Paul K. is giddy at the idea of having a guy like Thome hitting behind him.

1170210[/snapback]

I think that is a excellent deal for the W.S.

Making moves like this shows they will not sit and be complacent. I would be excited if I was a White Sox fan.

Thomas is gone, Everett is already gone...so this is purely a DH move as they try to go after Konerko.

Rowand is an excellent player...solid defense and was clutch in key RBI situations all year. He quietly played very good in the playoffs, and will be hard to replace as a team guy.

I assume they move Pods to CF and leave that LF spot open for Anderson to give it a go, or a FA....we could always dream for someone like Manny to play LF! :D

As a Phillies fan, I like this move as well. With the emergence of Ryan Howard last season, they really had no choice but to try and move Thome. Getting a halfway decent looking everyday center fielder for him is more than most could have asked, as this has been somewhat of a problem position for the Phils for some time. I like the move and hope that it's a sign of good things to come from Pat Gillick.