[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm thinking of benching Palmer...

lhamp

If you play the averages, I'd beg to differ and say it's always that simple. Obviously it depends on your options, but when comparing the #1 player at any position vs. a player ranked significantly lower than him at the same position, it is that simple. IMO.

1181518[/snapback]

That's why I said in this case it's a no-brainer. ASYS is a pretty darn good rule to follow, but there are always extenuating circumstances that make you pause at some point. Weather, opposition, injuries to other players on the same team, etc, etc.

That's why I said in this case it's a no-brainer.  ASYS is a pretty darn good rule to follow, but there are always extenuating circumstances that make you pause at some point.  Weather, opposition, injuries to other players on the same team, etc, etc.

1181527[/snapback]

Won't argue with that.

Take it from me its true...I'm a diehard Niner Fan  :D , and I can tell you I see a HUGE difference when they are at home versus on the road!  And the stats don't lie.

If this game were in Zona, I would be the first to tell you Warner is a great option.

Besides, Palmer has been MONEY all year.  Yes, his one bad game came against Pitt, but all the more reason for him to be motivated to get a W!  I have had him in both my leagues, and been rewarded for it.  Peyton's been hot lately, but no one (even the ungodly Peyton himself) has been more consistent that Carson...

1181216[/snapback]

Ok... so the niners D is better at home... but just how good are they?....are they, say... Jacksonville good? Warner lit them up pretty well last week.

This is for the marbles people... and frankly, I don't see Palmer doing as well as Warner THIS WEEK... but hey, that's me... what the he11 do I know.... I picked Jamal Lewis with my first pick and Kevin Jones with my second... it's acutally a minor miracle I'm still in the hunt.

Ok... so the niners D is better at home... but just how good are they?....are they, say... Jacksonville good? Warner lit them up pretty well last week.

This is for the marbles people... and frankly, I don't see Palmer doing as well as Warner THIS WEEK... but hey, that's me... what the he11 do I know.... I picked Jamal Lewis with my first pick and Kevin Jones with my second... it's acutally a minor miracle I'm still in the hunt.

1181884[/snapback]

Funny you should ask:

Week 1: St. Louis - Bulger 34/56 for 362 yards, 2 TD’s, 1 INT

Week 3: Dallas - Bledsoe 24/38 for 363 yards, 2 TD’s, 2 INT’s

Week 5: Indianapolis - Manning 23/31 for 255 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT’s

Week 8: Tampa Bay - Simms 21/34 for 264 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT’s

Week 9: NY Giants - Manning 18/33 for 251 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT’s

Week 11: Seattle - Hasselbeck 19/31 for 233 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT’s

So, aside from 2 big yardage games early, they have not allowed more than 2 passing TD's, against the likes of Mark Bulger, and the Manning brothers.

So, based on that, what can you expect from Warner? 250 yards, 1 maybe 2 TD's?

I am curious how many yards rushing SF gave up in those games...it seems to me that all of those offenses have good to great running backs, whereas AZ has nothing to offer in that category (disregarding the STL game, when insane Mike Martz was still the HC)

Just wondering. I am not saying Warner will thorw for 400 yards, but 250-280 and two TDs seems pretty likely. Of course it wont bother me if some AZ drives stall since I have Rackers :D

Edited by Gdawg

Not that I put a lot of stock in this, but the huddle is predicting Warner: 320 and 2. Palmer: 250 and 1.

1181989[/snapback]

And as I say just about every week, the huddle isn't ALWAYS right. They usually miss a few each week, this week it'll be Warner.

And as I say just about every week, the huddle isn't ALWAYS right. They usually miss a few each week, this week it'll be Warner.

1182013[/snapback]

Perish the thought! It can be Warner in Week 17 :D

I went back and researched how many yards rushing SF has given up @ home this year:

Week 1 (STL) 89

Week 3 (DAL) 95

Week 5 (IND) 120

Week 8 (TB) 43

Week 9 (NYG) 93

Week 11 (SEA) 145

With the exception of the Week 8, when TB inexplicably crapped the bed and lost to the 49ers, SF has surrendered a fair amount of rushing yards.

AZ has NO running game, Warner will have to throw (as usual). Yeah, he will probably throw a pick or two, but if INTs dont count against you who cares?

Warner should be good for 250 + and two Tds.

Don't get me wrong, Warner is a good option this week, but you just don't bench the #1 Fantasy QB this year for him. It's that simple. There's a chance that Warner will do slightly better than Palmer, but that chance is small, and not one worth taking. You could have argued to bench LT last week because he was playing against a tough Skins defense, and look what that would have got you.

ASYS. 95 out of 100 times it's the right move, and when it's not, the difference usually isn't tremendous. There will be exceptions, but picking the right ones is next to impossible.

Play the averages and you'll succeed in FF, unless you draft like a horses ass. :D

1180487[/snapback]

Bumperoo. :D