[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm thinking of benching Palmer...

lhamp

... and going with Warner.

This week is IT for me... if I win, I'm in... If I lose, I'm out.

Palmer goes agasint a tough Pitt D. Warner goes against San Fran. In our league, we don't get penalized for interceptions.

So... I think I'm going to roll the dice and play Warner.

Would you do the same?

Thanks.

Absolutely NOT :D Pitt's D is good but can be exposed, especially in the secondary as proven last night. Cincy does not have Manning, Harrison, Wayne, et al., but this just in... Palmer, CJ, Housh, Henry ain't bad either. Besides, how can you take the ball out of Palmer's hand right now? Always start your STUD :D

I'll disagree and say go with Warner.

He is hot right now and throwing a lot.

I agree that Palmer will put up good numbers like 260 and a couple TDs maybe, but I think Warner is in for a 300+ yd game with at least 3TDs.

Palmer is definitely a more solid every week QB and he will produce well this coming week, but Warner should have a monster game. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him close to 400 yds and 4 TDs.

NO WAY!! I agree, always (ALWAYS!!) start your studs...who got you to this point (at least helped)?

And let me tell you this..and being a Niner fan, I know...you all (at least most of you) are expecting WAY too much from Warner this week...the NIners are a differnt team at home..the D plays a helluva lot better, and the offense seems to click just enough to keep the D off the field....and I'm not saying this because I am a NIner homer...I would think about it if the game were in Arizona...

Stat lines for the last four QB's that went to SF:

Hasselbeck - 233 yards and 1 TD

E.Manning - 251 yards and 1 TD

Simms - 264 yards and 1 TD

P. Manning - 255 yard and 1 TD

I wouldnt do it....live and die by your studs!

NO WAY!!  I agree, always (ALWAYS!!) start your studs...who got you to this point (at least helped)?

And let me tell you this..and being a Niner fan, I know...you all (at least most of you) are expecting WAY too much from Warner this week...the NIners are a differnt team at home..the D plays a helluva lot better, and the offense seems to click just enough to keep the D off the field....and I'm not saying this because I am a NIner homer...I would think about it if the game were in Arizona...

Stat lines for the last four QB's that went to SF:

Hasselbeck - 233 yards and 1 TD

E.Manning - 251 yards and 1 TD

Simms - 264 yards and 1 TD

P. Manning - 255 yard and 1 TD

I wouldnt do it....live and die by your studs!

1180441[/snapback]

Yes. listen to this man. To be honest with you I would say all of those qbs mentioned are better than Kurt Warner - even Simms. Warner is not Warner from the greatest show on turf about 5 or 6 years ago. He is now an average quarterback (at best and at worst a poor qb). Palmer is head and shoulders above him. Do not start Warner just because he is going against the 49ers. I will make a prediction and say that Warner throws for 220 1td 2ints and Palmer throws for 280 2-3 tds. 0-1 int. Start Palmer! good luck.

Edited by heydudes

Warner and his 315/2 TDs looked pretty good to me last week. He's got two outstanding receivers and virtually no rushing attack...which means he has to throw the ball 35-40 times.

Is he the Warner of 5 years ago? No...but I'll take him over slugs like Chris Simms any day. He's actually really started playing very well lately, albeit against poor pass Ds. I'll be the first to admit I was surprised, but a fact is a fact.

Warner and his 315/2 TDs looked pretty good to me last week. He's got two outstanding receivers and virtually no rushing attack...which means he has to throw the ball 35-40 times.

Is he the Warner of 5 years ago? No...but I'll take him over slugs like Chris Simms any day. He's actually really started playing very well lately, albeit against poor pass Ds. I'll be the first to admit I was surprised, but a fact is a fact.

1180473[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, Warner is a good option this week, but you just don't bench the #1 Fantasy QB this year for him. It's that simple. There's a chance that Warner will do slightly better than Palmer, but that chance is small, and not one worth taking. You could have argued to bench LT last week because he was playing against a tough Skins defense, and look what that would have got you.

ASYS. 95 out of 100 times it's the right move, and when it's not, the difference usually isn't tremendous. There will be exceptions, but picking the right ones is next to impossible.

Play the averages and you'll succeed in FF, unless you draft like a horses ass. :D

Don't get me wrong, Warner is a good option this week, but you just don't bench the #1 Fantasy QB this year for him. It's that simple. There's a chance that Warner will do slightly better than Palmer, but that chance is small, and not one worth taking. You could have argued to bench LT last week because he was playing against a tough Skins defense, and look what that would have got you.

ASYS. 95 out of 100 times it's the right move, and when it's not, the difference usually isn't tremendous. There will be exceptions, but picking the right ones is next to impossible.

Play the averages and you'll succeed in FF, unless you draft like a horses ass. :D

1180487[/snapback]

exactly....you can't bench Palmer for Warner...

Yes. listen to this man. To be honest with you I would say all of those qbs mentioned are better than Kurt Warner - even Simms. Warner is not Warner from the greatest show on turf about 5 or 6 years ago. He is now an average quarterback (at best and at worst a poor qb). Palmer is head and shoulders above him. Do not start Warner just because he is going against the 49ers. I will make a prediction and say that Warner throws for 220 1td 2ints and Palmer throws for 280 2-3 tds. 0-1 int. Start Palmer! good luck.

1180460[/snapback]

First of all... what he neglected to mention is that McNair threw for 343 and 3 this past week... minor oversight. Also... I'd hardly say that Simms is a better quarterback at this stage in his career than Warner... and Orton? Please.

The final point is that I wouldn't be starting Warner just because he's playing the niners ... I'd be starting him because:

A) He's been putting up great numbers the last few weeks (remember, I don't get penalized for ints).

B) The cards have no running game to speak of.

C) He has two VERY talented WR's to throw to (three if Johnson is healthy)

D) Palmer is going up against a tough D (if you take away Manning's first play last night which caught everyone off guard, he put up very pedestrian numbers). And finally,

E) He's playing the Niners.

Edited by lhamp

Absolutely NOT  :D  Pitt's D is good but can be exposed, especially in the secondary as proven last night.  Cincy does not have Manning, Harrison, Wayne, et al.,  but this just in... Palmer, CJ, Housh, Henry ain't bad either.  Besides, how can you take the ball out of Palmer's hand right now?  Always start your STUD :D

1179981[/snapback]

Exactly. Did you see how many times Reggie Wayne burned them last night? Housh is up for another big week which means so is Palmer.

First of all... what he neglected to mention is that McNair threw for 343 and 3 this past week... minor oversight. Also... I'd hardly say that Simms is a better quarterback at this stage in his career than Warner... and Orton? Please.

The final point is that I wouldn't be starting Warner just because he's playing the niners ... I'd be starting him because:

A) He's been putting up great numbers the last few weeks (remember, I don't get penalized for ints).

:D The cards have no running game to speak of.

D) Palmer is going up against a tough D (if you take away Manning's first play last night which caught everyone off guard, he put up very pedestrian numbers). And finally,

1180509[/snapback]

Agree. You go ahead and start Orton. I'm a Bears fan but there's no way I put Orton or Simms in front of Warner against the SF DEF. Warner has already proven he can put up some numbers this year. Against SF he should have his best outing of the year. How many people are scrambling this week to pick up McNair? Well, it ain't McNair that made that happen. It was the SF DEF.

:D The cards have no running game to speak of.

1180509[/snapback]

And what you conveniently forget to mention is that the game you reference was at Tennessee. The San Fran defense is different at home, and the numbers prove it.

Again, I think Warner is a decent start this week, but no way in hell do you start him when you have Palmer on your team.

And what you conveniently forget to mention is that the game you reference was at Tennessee. The San Fran defense is different at home, and the numbers prove it.

Again, I think Warner is a decent start this week, but no way in hell do you start him when you have Palmer on your team.

1180570[/snapback]

the whole SF at home thing is true...I learned not to bet against them at home around 9 weeks ago...

the whole SF at home thing is true...I learned not to bet against them at home around 9 weeks ago...

1181205[/snapback]

Take it from me its true...I'm a diehard Niner Fan :D , and I can tell you I see a HUGE difference when they are at home versus on the road! And the stats don't lie.

If this game were in Zona, I would be the first to tell you Warner is a great option.

Besides, Palmer has been MONEY all year. Yes, his one bad game came against Pitt, but all the more reason for him to be motivated to get a W! I have had him in both my leagues, and been rewarded for it. Peyton's been hot lately, but no one (even the ungodly Peyton himself) has been more consistent that Carson...

Not always QUITE that simple, but in this case it's a no-brainer.  Palmer, no doubt.

1181510[/snapback]

If you play the averages, I'd beg to differ and say it's always that simple. Obviously it depends on your options, but when comparing the #1 player at any position vs. a player ranked significantly lower than him at the same position, it is that simple. IMO.