[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Dilemma

rew70

I can talk my self into anything. So I can make a good argument for any combo of what I need. Maybe you guys can help clarify a bit.

Need 2 to start with Ward from:

Coles - disappointment but has great matchup with Oakland

Jurevicius - Looks like DJax may be limited at best, but you never know, love his matchup.

Roy W. - not that great a matchup, but who else is going to catch for the Lions?

DJax - See JJ above.

Givens - ok matchup but like every other NE WR he's hit or miss and is he healthy?

R. Brown - He plays for Philly so I think I may have better options.

Curtis - He's been lost with Fitz at QB and Bruce and Holt are healthy.

At TE do I go with Hilton on MNF or Watson against BUF?

I''m leaning towards JJ and Roy W. at WR and Hilton at TE.

Thanks!

I can talk my self into anything.  So I can make a good argument for any combo of what I need.  Maybe you guys can help clarify a bit.

Need 2 to start with Ward from:

Coles - disappointment but has great matchup with Oakland

Jurevicius - Looks like DJax may be limited at best, but you never know, love his matchup.

Roy W. - not that great a matchup, but who else is going to catch for the Lions?

DJax - See JJ above.

Givens - ok matchup but like every other NE WR he's hit or miss and is he healthy?

R. Brown - He plays for Philly so I think I may have better options.

Curtis - He's been lost with Fitz at QB and Bruce and Holt are healthy.

At TE do I go with Hilton on MNF or Watson against BUF?

I''m leaning towards JJ and Roy W. at WR and Hilton at TE.

Thanks!

1203937[/snapback]

Go with your instincts:

Coles - Bollinger stinks, even at home

DJax - don't know how many snaps he will play

Givens - used to produce every odd numbered game, but just came back from injury and NE will probably run the ball

R. Brown - nobody else available?

Curtis - no looks from the rook

I'm a sucker for the Monday night game, so I'd lean Hilton - and he doesn't share the TE looks

Ouch :doah:

No COLES! Dont fall for his matchup. Bollinger is TERRIBLE.

DJax: Will probably play sparingly, if at all. They really dont need him this week, I'd be shocked if they risked him getting injured in this game.

RBrown: Dont start any Eagles. PERIOD.

Curtis: Do you really want to start the third option of a third string QB?

I'd start JJ and Williams. Sure, Seattle wont throw a whole lot, but he's got a better chance of scoring than any of the clowns mentioned above. I'd start Williams because he is so very talented and he could do something here (he was the lone bright spot in the Thanksgiving Day fiasco).

If you dont like Williams, then Givens. He is a talented player, but you never know who's getting the ball in the NE offense.

Start Hilton, again you never know who's getting the ball in NE.

Hope this helps!

Rew,

Thanks for all your help in your thread. Here is my take for what it's worth:

Coles - Similar to Hugh's rule about not starting any Lions, I have one about not starting any Jets. Just wouldn't go there with Brooks at the helm.

DJax - HUGE risk starting this week, as he is only supposed to get partial playing time. I hate starting guys the first week back from injury.

Curtis - I also have him on my team and am one step away from dropping him. Unless Bulger or Martin come back, don't start him. Just not gonna get the # of pass targets to make him a viable option.

R.Brown - Has too horrid Philly QBs throwing to him. I'd also avoid at all costs.

Givens - Also came back recently from an injury and the Patriots always spread it around. With the exception of Branch, I would probably never start a Pats receiver.

JJ - Will likely lose some looks this week if DJax comes back. I also think this game is gonna be all about Shaun (WARNING - biased owner). However, I think that JJ has a good chance to get in the end zone probably off an Alex Smith turnover. Because of his size, he tends to get many more red zone looks than Engram - who just got his first TD last Monday night. I'd start him over your other options.

Roy Williams - Garcia has been brutual, but I saw that Roy did have 11 passing targets last week. Green Bay has been tougher against the pass, but I have a feeling the Lions will be playing from behind in this one and throwing. Definitely a risky start, but probably less risk than all your other guys.

In the end, I think you are right on starting JJ and Roy. Hope my $0.02 helps. Thanks again for answering my post in your thread.

Thanks fellas, I knew I could count on you. Good soound advice all around from all of you. You reaffirmed just what I was thinking. I will go Roy, Ward and JJ. I will also go Hilton and hope for some MNF magic to get the extra points.

For those interested I will also begin another thread next week for any help I can provide. It's always easier looking outside than looking within.

Thanks again everyone!!

Edited by rew70

rew70 - First THANKS for responding to my post!

I'd have to agree with what everyone said - start JJ and RW. Hilton at TE.

It doesn't look too promising for your WRs, but I believe JJ & RW have the best chances to get a score.

Good luck! :D

Amen to that! Good Luck REW and thanks again for all your hard work this week.

1204073[/snapback]

rew70 - First THANKS for responding to my post!

I'd have to agree with what everyone said - start JJ and RW.    Hilton at TE.

It doesn't look too promising for your WRs, but I believe JJ & RW have the best chances to get a score.

Good luck! :D

1204079[/snapback]

Thanks! I know it won't be easy, but I need all the points I can get this week. If I win, I'll take the division and move on to the playoffs. I'll be facing:

Plummer

Edge, Foster

Porter, Harrison, Driver

Crumpler

Hanson and the TB Defense

I'm starting:

Manning

T. Jones and Jordan

Ward, Roy W. and JJ

Hilton, Peterson and CHI Defense.

It may be a long shot, but I think I have a chance.