[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newbie-ish question about keeper leagues

weirhead

For those of you in keeper leagues, how many players do you get to hold on to from season to season? I was in a keeper league quite a few years ago, and we were allowed to keep up to two players. Those who kept fewer had a higher place in the draft order the following year.

I'm just curious how other leagues work. Thanks for the input.

You can come up with almost any 'flavor' that you can think of, but there are really two types of player retention leagues - keeper & dynasty.

Keeper usually refers to a league where you keep from 1-5 players for a set number of years, generally 1-3...sometimes there are position restrictions, such as you can keep up to 5 players but only 1 can be a RB. Dynasty refers to a scheme where you retain pretty much your entire roster, generally forever.

A keeper scheme that I think works ok is to allow 0-2 keepers per team for a max of 2 years, where you surrender a draft pick for each keeper player ... maybe the round where the keeper was originally drafted, although a simpler approach is to surrender the 1st rd pick if you keep one player, 1st & 2nd if you keep 2 players.

This plan is fairly simple to manage from year to year, rewards those clever (or lucky?) owners that draft well, but helps to prevent one team from stockpiling studs from season to season, thus letting all the teams in the league have somewhat of a fresh start each year. Generally, keeper leagues use a worst to first draft order, but if each team is required to keep the same # of players, a random order is ok as well.

Like I said, there are many, many ways to set up a keeper league. Do a search in this forum on 'keeper', as I know there have been other posts on this topic in the past.

I am in two dynasty leagues where we keep 10 players...It's the most fun I've had playing FF...

1226108[/snapback]

I am in a 3 player keeper with a 3yr limit

and then the rest are all DYNASTY LEAUGES with rosters of 35-40 plus Rook Squads of 12-13ish