[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TEAM QB Concept - Good or Bad?

McBoog

Every other argument is moot and stupid.

1238874[/snapback]

Just like you! It must be great knowing how to identify your own! :D

Leave it to you, to take an honest question, and F(*&$ it up with unwarranted personal crap :D

Look Dr. Asssac, I want INFORMATION that is tangible (ooops, sorry I ask too much of you) from experienced FF players (which you probably do posses, but are toooo stoooopid to know how to impart it), for their viewpoints on the subject. Taking this information, I can decide on the import of continuing with presenting the idea to my league, to better it, for the fun of the GMs who rely on me to give them the best league possible as their commissioner.

Why don't you just stick to doing what you know best. Which is nothing.

A rule that we implemented on a trail basis for this season was:  If the QB that you started leaves the game (for any reason) you will be granted the points (whether positive or negative) for any QB that steps in to finish the game. 

The backups points are awarded to you FOR THAT WEEK ONLY!! 

In order to get his points the following week, you must aquire him through the wavier wire.

EX:  Next season opener, when Rex Grossman breaks something else in his leg in the first quarter, you will be awarded Kyle Orten's points for that game only!

If and when Grossman cannot start the following week, you MUST claim Orten out of the free agent pool.

We had 12 players in our league and 9 of the 12 voted to keep rule for next year.

1238887[/snapback]

This is interesting... What do you all think about this?

This is interesting... What do you all think about this?

1239844[/snapback]

I know that getting a ZERO from QB position really, really sucks (just this year I had J. Martin starting against HOU and he got a concussion, then Fitz came in for 300 yards and 3 scores).....but I think its just part of FF. Sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't. Of course it would have been nice to have 'Team QB' that week since I would have gotten Fitzpatrick's points, but I somehow won anyways. Just one example, but I am very much against 'Team QB'.

Though I don't understand why Dr. Asssac would waste his time with his post, I appreciate the feedback from some of the others.

If H1 and Grits (two Huddlers I actually DO respect) are against this concept, I think I will definately back off of it.

I did copy an ask about a reply from cheezhed, and am still interested in your thoughts about that. I do see many problematic aspects of dealing with this however, especially as the commish and having to adjust points and regenerate standings/totals. It could cause "hard feelings" and other problems.

The point about having the backup on another roster is valid also. How can you award points to one team if that player is already on another team. It would be a rare occurance, but it could happen with the QBs of the better passing teams (Indy, Rams, etc).

Feel free to not respond Dr. Asssac!

If H1 and Grits (two Huddlers I actually DO respect) are against this concept, I think I will definately back off of it.

1239860[/snapback]

Sorry, forgot to include Ursa in this prop! :D

:D

but I think its just part of FF.

1239854[/snapback]

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Injuries happen in real life that affect games, and injuries should affect FF as well. Also, the concept mentioned above could get real nasty with backup QB's that are already drafted, etc. Leave it as it is.

If H1 and Grits (two Huddlers I actually DO respect)

1239854[/snapback]

You are a very misguided young man. :D

Thanks for the props though. :D

Nope.  Standard Scoring.  4/TD, one for every 25 pass and 6/TD one point every 10 rush .

I have looked at records of teams for years, good and bad, many different leagues (not just mine), and a QB going down is devestating to your chances of winning a Fantasy game.  More so than any other position.

Like I said, this has NEVER affected the outcome of a game I have played in.

1238603[/snapback]

I wond several games early this season with Daunte Culpepper at the helm. For most of them he might as well have been injured in the second quarter....

I have to agree with those who say that team QB is for the gutless. If there were really more QBs going down than other important positions, like RB, then I would agree with you, but that is not the case.

Injuries are part of the fantasy game. It sucks when you get so many of them that your season gets torpedoed, but good fantasy owners can overcome adversity. For example, my first rounder was Dominick Davis, who has hardly torn it up this year, and my second rounder was Daunte Culpepper. Yet I am still up by 14 points in the first half of my leagues fantasy SB.