[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Help

Duchess Jack

With our Superbowl done, we are looking towards next year and possible changes.  One thing we are considering is going dynasty. 

Does MFL have something that can track contract years?  If so, how about dead years?

1240043[/snapback]

It has a way to track contract years, but as of this year, there isnt a way to track dead years set up that I know of. However, keggerz came up with a way to track the dead years that is used in 3 of the leagues I am in and it works very well.

It has a way to track contract years, but as of this year, there isnt a way to track dead years set up that I know of.  However, keggerz came up with a way to track the dead years that is used in 3 of the leagues I am in and it works very well.

1240084[/snapback]

Thanks Zia. I will have to drop an email to Keg to get more info.

Thanks Zia.  I will have to drop an email to Keg to get more info.

1240100[/snapback]

You can look here at the GMX website. At the top of the "Injured Reserve" is where you will see the dead years.

What hell do you mean by dead years?  Am I having a brain fart here or what?  :doah:

1240374[/snapback]

In GMX and DW2, if you cut a player who has been assigned a 4 year contract, then you would have 1 dead year for the current season and get credit on his 3 remaining years.

You can look here at the GMX website.  At the top of the "Injured Reserve" is where you will see the dead years.

1240127[/snapback]

This works extremely well...props to Keg for a great idea. The reason it's done this way is so that your totals at the bottom of the page add up correctly.

In GMX and DW2, if you cut a player who has been assigned a 4 year contract, then you would have 1 dead year for the current season and get credit on his 3 remaining years.

1240419[/snapback]

It's meant to be used as a penalty for dropping a player during the season & forces owners to better manage their contract allocations at the beginning of the season.

Edited by rajncajn