[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whar QB will you draft in 1st or 2nd round

Randall

Would you pick any of these in 1st or 2nd round?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pick any of these in 1st or 2nd round?

• Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Culpepper
    • Trent Green
    • Eli Manning
    • Peyton Manning
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Carson Palmer
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Michael Vick
    • A rookie QB
    • Other
    • NONE

My local is a 2QB league and we had 3 QB go in the 1st 2 rounds this year (Peyton, McNabb and CPepp), only 1 of those teams made the playoffs (guy with Peyton), meanwhile we had a QB run to end all QB runs between 3.3 and 4.10 (17 QB out of 20 picks) which is why I'm starting Boller and Simms in my SB. So I guess you really don't need a QB that early, some of them will inevitably get injured and you can spend some later round picks, picking up some backups for the probable injuries (I picked up Boller in Round 10, Simms in round 18, Schaub in round 19, Garrard in round 20.)

I'm with the big group here...I don't take QBs in the 1st two rounds...I'm looking towards the top two RBs available at that point.

1242776[/snapback]

I'd lean heavily towards RB-RB in that situation as well, unless a compelling enough WR was available with my 2nd pick (as I've stated numerous times before, I have filthy man-lust for Chad Johnson).

I always pick my QB in rd 5-always, and I will never change, as I go RB-RB-WR-WR-QB, that gives me my core. Rd 6 will be spent on RB# 3, then rd 7 is either WR/TE/DT, as our scoring system usually has the majority of DT's out pointing the majority of TE's.

1242889[/snapback]

:D

I don't go in with a "set" game plan (unless you regard "grabbing the best player available at the time you pick" as a game plan) but I tend to go the same way as PD most years - I like to have my main starters set by round 6 at the latest, though I will put off WR2 for a RB3 in many cases, and I usually avoid drafting my D/ST before the 9th or 10th round. Too much of a crap shoot with them, really.

Agree with most of the others here. No need when Brady is still around in the 6th (at least he was this year). But in Bizzaro World we had an owner who took Peyton, Rudi, Palmer and was able to parlay that strength into a playoff berth. Go figure.

:D

I don't go in with a "set" game plan (unless you regard "grabbing the best player available at the time you pick" as a game plan) but I tend to go the same way as PD most years - I like to have my main starters set by round 6 at the latest, though I will put off WR2 for a RB3 in many cases, and I usually avoid drafting my D/ST before the 9th or 10th round. Too much of a crap shoot with them, really.

1242959[/snapback]

Our DT and ST are seperate units, we also draft a OT as well. We wanted a 11 position roster aka 11 men on all football units.

My locals line up is

QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-PK-DT-OT-ST, we don't have a flex, but we call that line-up the Pro-Set, but owners can go with a Run-n-Shoot, as we keep 4 WR's on our rosters.Peace PD.

QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-PK-DT-OT-ST, we don't have a flex, but we call that line-up the Pro-Set, but owners can go with a Run-n-Shoot, as we keep 4 WR's on our rosters.Peace PD.

1242974[/snapback]

I've often tried to stir the pot in leagues that allow a "run-and-shoot" or "one-back" (RB, 3 WR, TE)and said I want to run a two-TE (last year I had Gonzo and Gates in a league) or wishbone with my personnell, never seem to get much support for the change, though.