[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whar QB will you draft in 1st or 2nd round

Randall

Would you pick any of these in 1st or 2nd round?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pick any of these in 1st or 2nd round?

• Brady
    • Drew Brees
    • Culpepper
    • Trent Green
    • Eli Manning
    • Peyton Manning
    • Donovan McNabb
    • Carson Palmer
    • Ben Roethlisberger
    • Michael Vick
    • A rookie QB
    • Other
    • NONE

Should have had NONE as an option.

After this years terrible plan in the 1st and 2nd round a QB will be the last person on my mind during this next years draft. :D

1241770[/snapback]

You're right I should have added that choice. I thought people would comment why they wouldn't pick one there, but adding that choice would have been good. Unfortunateky I can't add that choice now.

Where does everyone think the top QB's will go? Palmer and Eli for example.

Depends on the league:

I wouldn't consider a QB until the beginning of round 4 in redrafts next year.

I would draft Manning or Carson towards the end of round one in a first-year dynasty draft. McNabb in round 2.

I'd keep Manning or Palmer in a 3+ player keeper league.

You're right I should have added that choice. I thought people would comment why they wouldn't pick one there, but adding that choice would have been good. Unfortunateky I can't add that choice now.

1241793[/snapback]

"NONE" added

Assuming standard performance...

Brady 

Drew Brees

Both are solid, and I'd be happy to have them, but not before the 4th or 5th. I rate Brady as slightly above Brees.

Culpepper

Haven't heard anything, but last I knew he may not even PLAY in '06.

Trent Green

Too old.

Eli Manning

I wouldn't draft him before his brother unless Peyton gets hit by a bus. Even then, I'd have to flip a coin.
Peyton Manning

Donovan McNabb 

Carson Palmer 

If they fell to the LATE 2nd, I'd consider them; I'd also probably pass them up.

Ben Roethlisberger
GREAT NFL QB, not so great of a fantasy QB.

Michael Vick

I love having one of my top 2 picks be wildly inconsistent from week to week, it makes me happy. [/sarcasm]

NONE

Yep.

Where does everyone think the top QB's will go?  Palmer and Eli for example.

1241793[/snapback]

Well, just off the top of my head:

P Manning, Palmer - late 2nd, early 3rd - people probably learned their lesson with hoping for record-setting seasons from hot qbs, though I kinda hope not.

Brady, McNabb, Vick - early 3rd-4th - I'm probably off on Vick, it always seems like SOMEONE is blinded by the Vick hype and jumps on him way too early; McNabb may slide due to injury. Brady seems perennially underrated, even though he's been at worst VERY solid from year-to-year, maybe his big year this season gets him higher on the radar

Brees, E Manning, Green, Roeth - too subjective to know. I'd say most of them go 5th or later. Brees seems to be very Brady-like - people think he's a good NFL QB, but just don't quite believe in him fantasy-wise; Manning has been productive this year, but IMO his comp % is sort of a red flag that he may be a one-year wonder; nice upside if he isn't. Green is too old to take seriously, he should be available late (say, 9th round). As for Roeth, someone might overvalue him due to the fact he appears to be a terrific on-field leader, but his stats don't bear out grabbing him anywhere near the top half of the draft.

P Manning, Palmer - late 2nd, early 3rd - people probably learned their lesson with hoping for record-setting seasons from hot qbs, though I kinda hope not...

1242049[/snapback]

:D

I have what looks to be the 1.2 and 1.4 (due to a trade this year) in my redraft (don't ask, but :D:D ). 12- team serpentine draft.

If Manning or Palmer is taken at 1.1 or 1.3 (I doubt it), I will have 2 of the three of the following, LT, SA, LJ :D:D !!! (though I don't think the guys in my league are that stupid, we've been doing this for ten years with little turnover

:D ). Manning was taken by this years League Champ at 1.2, and he didn't even play him weeks 15 or 16 :D , but I don't see that happing again.

I still wll get two awsome RBs though and would seriously consider Palmer or Peyton at 2.11 or 3.2.

Wow No love for Bulger. I know injurys have been a problem of late, but if he's healthy he's in the top 5.

1242322[/snapback]

I will NEVER draft Bulger again ... unless I have secured the services of another QB first. He single-handidly cost me a playoff berth in my local as I could never recover from the loss of his points.

I will NEVER draft Bulger again ... unless I have secured the services of another QB first.  He single-handidly cost me a playoff berth in my local as I could never recover from the loss of his points.

1242325[/snapback]

Same here, i tied for the last plyoff spot and lost the tiebreaker. But you have to admit he is a monster when healthy.

I will NEVER draft Bulger again ... unless I have secured the services of another QB first.  He single-handidly cost me a playoff berth in my local as I could never recover from the loss of his points.

1242325[/snapback]

I didn't have him, but did have Holt and that cost me a lot of points when I needed him. Of course having Favre and Driver was just as bad.

Nope, no QB in the first 2 rounds for me ... Palmer/Peyton in the third? Maybe if I was studly at RB already ... If Bulger could stay healthy I'd look for him in 4, along with Brady or Brees, but would rather get one of these two in round 5. If these 5 are gone, Hasselbeck would be a nice pickup in 6 and grabbing Warner later if he returns as the ARI starter could be brilliant.