[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herm Edwards

bigbadwolf

Regardless of what went down with KC and NYJ, I have always thought his attitude was condescending and childish...at least what I saw in the press conferences. The whole Prom date thing, calling guys out, asking rhetorical questions that were ridiculous. It makes him looks like an  :D  IMO.

I did not know about the list, but it doesn't surprise me.

1260057[/snapback]

I think you need to stand in his shoes before passing judgement. Sports writers are typically a bunch of cynical, fat, drunken hasbeens and their columns are just opinion, not fact. When you've been flayed in the newspaper every day for three years, I expect you'd be a tad tetchy towards journalists too.

granted the NY media is probably harsher than most, I don't think it excuses him for acting that way. They are going to be critical in their articles. He got into personal battles...keeping lists, demeaning people, staring them down and actively trying to embarrass them. He is not the only one, Parcells does the same types of things. I just think he takes it too far, to the point where it makes him look bad.

granted the NY media is probably harsher than most, I don't think it excuses him for acting that way. They are going to be critical in their articles. He got into personal battles...keeping lists, demeaning people, staring them down and actively trying to embarrass them. He is not the only one, Parcells does the same types of things. I just think he takes it too far, to the point where it makes him look bad.

1260767[/snapback]

Him and Parcells aren't the only ones. Quite frankly, if I had just one day of that kind of crap being flung at me, I'd be off the podium and across the table to the bassturds.

Legitimate criticism from a respected entity (who could be a journalist) is one thing, constant carping and cheap shots from a useless fat no-talent wanker is quite another. If you haven't gathered by now, I rate journalists, especially sports columnists, at the same level as child molesters.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I think you need to stand in his shoes before passing judgement.  Sports writers are typically a bunch of cynical, fat, drunken hasbeens and their columns are just opinion, not fact.  When you've been flayed in the newspaper every day for three years, I expect you'd be a tad tetchy towards journalists too.

1260318[/snapback]

I think that once he gets away from the NY media and into the midwest media, he will tone down his act. You have to be tough as nails to survive the NY media. Herm will find the K.C. area to be just a bit more laid back, (understatement of the year) and over time that should reflect in his press conference demeanor as well.

I have always been able to appreciate a good horses ass though, like Parcells for instance. I guess if Herm wants to stay angry and paranoid that's fine too as long as the Chiefs win.

First myth: The NY media LOVED Edwards.... he got no grief from them at all, with a coiple of RARE exeptions. That's why this whole left drawer thing was so bizarre. His comparisons of Vick to a chicken he chased as a kid kept the NY media drooling for his next press conference. He also made himself very accessable, and they loved him for it.... he got off light, compared to most coaches in ANY city.

Edwards has a couple of strengths.... he's very good with young players, he's like a father figure, and keeps them out of trouble. he may be the best motivational coach in the entire NFL. His players don't quit. That is the end of the "positives" list.

He throws people under the bus to save himself. He is STUCK in his comfort zone. The cover 2, even if the personnel don't match up.... he will run and run and run some more.... Gonzo will be a very unhappy camper. He doesn't let his coordinators implement, he tends to force his conservative tendencies on them. He plays favorites, and plays injured old vets over promising young players and rookies. He put Matin's persuit of the holy grail of all RB's, that streak of 1000 yards rushing over winning this last year. Inexcusable. Even he later admitted that he should not have been playing Martin with a "torn knee ligament".

As a Jets fan, there is only one more thing.... send Bradway to KC and complete this little family reunion. I honestly do NOT believe that Bradway has the best interests of this franchise as his number one priority.

As a Jets fan, there is only one more thing.... send Bradway to KC and complete this little family reunion.

1260936[/snapback]

Amen.

Stephen A Smith put it best on his radio program yesterday: The thing that concerns me about the Jets' search for a head coach is that there is no one in the organization who's truly qualified to make the hiring decision.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say that his interests aren't alligned with the team. I just think Bradway is clueless when it comes to how to build a winning NFL franchise. Mike Francesca said he heard from NFL sources (read: Bill Parcells) that Bradway is considered "lazy" by his peers and that he doesn't do his due diligence in evaluating players, trades, etc. He's in over his head as GM.

Bradway has been criticized in NY over the past couple of years for having never drafted a Pro Bowl player. So in his press conference Tuesday, he was very quick to point out that he drafted Santana Moss and that Moss was going to the Pro Bowl. Yeah, AFTER YOU TRADED HIM AWAY YOU DORK!!!!!

I have also come to believe that current Jets ownership doesn't really care if the team wins or not. Winning championships does not appear to be high on Woody Johnson's list of priorities. They want to be just competitive enough that they continue to sell out every game and get their share of press, but they do not appear concerned with getting to or winning the Superbowl.

Edited by Vet

Tice actually isn't a bad coach imo, he just needs a strong GM to handle the player side of it.  Coaching wise I've seen worse.  That said, he is a long ways from great.

1258925[/snapback]

Knock it off BBW! You keep talking Tice up like this, & some team might rehire him.

Then he won't come back to town & reopen the Fill Yer Belly Deli, and face it, Redmond is a little short of decent Deli's!