[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Herm Edwards

bigbadwolf

So yeah, I just don't get the Herm Edwards love that the media has. The guy is an a$$ in the weekly media events, his teams have been average more or less, and now he blatantly lied for the past second half of the season in regards to his job. The guy is a tool and a blowhard. I have much more respect for people like Tice, who may be a bit of an idiot, but he is the first to laugh at himself. Now I understand he can't say that he wants to leave or is leaving, but just say something like "I'll deal with it when the season is over" or "No comment." This guy was acting offended that he may move on after the season! Heck, from what I hear he basically forced the Jets to let him move on or he was gonna go half a-- next season for them.

Edwards first conference with the KC media and he says the past is the past and basically will be kept in house (NYJ). And then he stares everyone down like if they question him about it he will slug them!

So why the love? What am I missing? This guy is a complete Megan Fox imo.

He is blunt. Media likes bluntness, thats just how it is. I honestly have a lot of respect for him as a coach, and I think he will do good things in kansas city.

As for the the media questioning his job status and prying what was going to happen all year long, he was just being his usual "leave me the hell alone you stupid reporters" Herm Edwards self, as in "I'm going to focus on my job, yes, I want the hell out of here, what coach wouldn't? But lets not talk about that right now, and just let me coach ok? Stop prying."

I mean, obveosuly, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" and thats something Herm understands, which is very appealing to many oranizations.

I don't have a problem with Herm. I am not doing cartwheels that the Chiefs gave up a draft pick for him, but considering the other options out there I think they made the right choice. Now you wanna talk tool, and Billick comes to mind. Not Edwards. I like his attitude.

Check back with me in 2 years.........

He is blunt. Media likes bluntness, thats just how it is. I honestly have a lot of respect for him as a coach, and I think he will do good things in kansas city.

As for the the media questioning his job status and prying what was going to happen all year long, he was just being his usual "leave me the hell alone you stupid reporters" Herm Edwards self, as in "I'm going to focus on my job, yes, I want the hell out of here, what coach wouldn't? But lets not talk about that right now, and just let me coach ok? Stop prying."

I mean, obveosuly, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!" and thats something Herm understands, which is very appealing to many oranizations.

1258887[/snapback]

Well you say blunt, I say rude, but this is football so that's fine, whatever. I can deal with a rude coach. But beyond that, I think the greater issue here that many people and media outlets are giving him a pass on is that he quit on this team and from my point of view forced his way out. And maybe it's just me, but it gets me a bit pissed when I see someone act completely offended when you ask them if they are leaving and they deny it until they are blue in the face, and then two weeks later after forcing their way out they say "it's in the past" and refuses to deal with it.

Glad I'm not a Chiefs fan.

Quit reading after you said "I respect" followed by "Tice".

1258917[/snapback]

Tice actually isn't a bad coach imo, he just needs a strong GM to handle the player side of it. Coaching wise I've seen worse. That said, he is a long ways from great.

I don't have a problem with Herm.  I am not doing cartwheels that the Chiefs gave up a draft pick for him, but considering the other options out there I think they made the right choice.  Now you wanna talk tool, and Billick comes to mind.  Not Edwards.  I like his attitude.

Check back with me in 2 years.........

1258909[/snapback]

You should be doing cartwheels - only a 4th ?? What a joke. Not to mention the fact that the Chiefs probably should have got hit with tampering.

Glad I'm not a Chiefs fan.

1258921[/snapback]

Because as Chiefs fans, we condone this behavior? C'mon dude, gimme a break.

And FWIW, this is a situation where:

1. The Jets wanted to fire Edwards and didn't want to be on the hook for the last 2 years of his contract

2. The Chiefs wanted him

Edited by Chief Dick

1. The Jets wanted to fire Edwards and didn't want to be on the hook for the last 2 years of his contract

2. The Chiefs wanted him

1258938[/snapback]

Not a knock on the fans, Chief fans have always been hardcore from what I saw when the Seahawks were in the AFC.

I simply meant if I was a KC fan, I'd be quite disappointed in what I have seen from our new coach so far. Not saying you guys condone, quite honestly I hope you don't.

Not a knock on the fans, Chief fans have always been hardcore from what I saw when the Seahawks were in the AFC. 

I simply meant if I was a KC fan, I'd be quite disappointed in what I have seen from our new coach so far.  Not saying you guys condone, quite honestly I hope you don't.

1258942[/snapback]

Honestly, I could care less whether Edwards shook his wanker at Jets ownership in the privacy of their offices.

If he wins, he's good. If he loses, he goes.

2. The Chiefs wanted him

1258938[/snapback]

Exactly! I don't get this "Herm quit on the Jets" bullshucks. I saw Rome is Burning today and he opened up ripping on Herm saying he quit on the Jets blah, blah, blah. He was going to get fired.

BTW, I think Herm is an underrated coach and I think he will do fine in KC. He hasn't had his starting QB and his defenses have been good. With a solid offense he will turn their defense around. He'll be fine.

Exactly!  I don't get this "Herm quit on the Jets" bullshucks.  I saw Rome is Burning today and he opened up ripping on Herm saying he quit on the Jets blah, blah, blah.  He was going to get fired. 

BTW, I think Herm is an underrated coach and I think he will do fine in KC.  He hasn't had his starting QB and his defenses have been good.  With a solid offense he will turn their defense around.  He'll be fine.

1258946[/snapback]

Right now you have 2 organizations thinking they pulled the wool over the other's eyes. The Chiefs for only giving up a 4th rounder for him, and the Jets for getting a 4th rounder for a guy they didn't want anyway. :D

Exactly!  I don't get this "Herm quit on the Jets" bullshucks.  I saw Rome is Burning today and he opened up ripping on Herm saying he quit on the Jets blah, blah, blah.  He was going to get fired. 

BTW, I think Herm is an underrated coach and I think he will do fine in KC.  He hasn't had his starting QB and his defenses have been good.  With a solid offense he will turn their defense around.  He'll be fine.

1258946[/snapback]

Yeah, all this quitter stuff is a bit much. Look, the Jets right now and for the forseeable future are the Titanic. Herm found a life raft. Good for him.

Edited by rattsass

I think all else being equal, the Jets would have liked to keep Herm. But he was bitching about wanting more money and wanting another contract extension. Obviously, coming off a 4-12 season, he wasn't going to get either of those. So rather than have an unhappy head coach, they decided to get whatever they could for him. Ultimately, they got robbed by KC only getting a 4th rounder.

In any case, Herm will do fine in KC. Playoffs this year, and people will be mocking the Jets for giving him up.

I used to like the way Herm dealt with the media. I liked the fact he didn't pull punches, took the blame when things were bad, etc. But this year, he became a whiney, paranoid baby. I found it disturbing that he admitted to keeping a record of which reporters wrote or said bad things about him or the team and he went as far as to threaten revenge against these people!

"I know we're coaches and we're players, and you think you can make remarks and you can make smart comments, and there's been some that's done it, and I know who they are, too, that's what's good about it. Like I always tell you, I always keep that little lefthand drawer of mine with notes in there. I've got the names and I remember. For all those that didn't kick us, I appreciate that. For all those that did, your day's coming. What goes around, comes around, so just remember that."

Herman Edwards

That borders on whacko. :D

Like I said - he'll do fine in KC. He'll improve clock management and game planning and take the Chiefs to the Superbowl while the Jets will give the keys to Mike Tice and end up in another firey roadside crash. Same ol' Jets.

How come coaches can do sh** that make other players Public Enemy #1? I mean Larry Brown basically made Detroit get rid of him and now Herm Edwards does the same with the Jets. T.O. tries this sh** and he gets suspended and benched. Coaches do it and they get promotions. I hate what T.O. did to Philly this year, and SF in the past for that matter.....but I don't see why there is this double standard.

How come coaches can do sh** that make other players Public Enemy #1?  I mean Larry Brown basically made Detroit get rid of him and now Herm Edwards does the same with the Jets.  T.O. tries this sh** and he gets suspended and benched.  Coaches do it and they get promotions.  I hate what T.O. did to Philly this year, and SF in the past for that matter.....but I don't see why there is this double standard.

1259184[/snapback]

hmm... maybe you didn't hear Herm the first time??

"YOU PLAY... TO WIN THE GAME!" :D

I agree. Definet double standard. But what can you do? At least Edwards was nice about it. And I think it was just time for a change with the Jets anyways.

Seems to me like Herm was the AFC equivalent of Sherman - so many injuries he was running out of players.  Who could win under those circumstances?

1259065[/snapback]

The Jets were completely healthy when they went into Arrowhead in Week One and got absolutely steamrolled. But that happens to a lot of visiting teams at Arrowhead, so I'll give Edwards a pass on that one.

The Jets were completely healthy when they went into Arrowhead in Week One and got absolutely steamrolled.  But that happens to a lot of visiting teams at Arrowhead, so I'll give Edwards a pass on that one.

1259208[/snapback]

The scheming must have gone all the way back to week one... :D

I think all else being equal, the Jets would have liked to keep Herm.  But he was bitching about wanting more money and wanting another contract extension.  Obviously, coming off a 4-12 season, he wasn't going to get either of those.  So rather than have an unhappy head coach, they decided to get whatever they could for him.  Ultimately, they got robbed by KC only getting a 4th rounder.

In any case, Herm will do fine in KC.  Playoffs this year, and people will be mocking the Jets for giving him up.

I used to like the way Herm dealt with the media.  I liked the fact he didn't pull punches, took the blame when things were bad, etc.  But this year, he became a whiney, paranoid baby.  I found it disturbing that he admitted to keeping a record of which reporters wrote or said bad things about him or the team and he went as far as to threaten revenge against these people!

That borders on whacko.  :D

Like I said - he'll do fine in KC.  He'll improve clock management and game planning and take the Chiefs to the Superbowl while the Jets will give the keys to Mike Tice and end up in another firey roadside crash.  Same ol' Jets.

1259034[/snapback]

I heard the same quote and commented on it in another thread a while back. I'd rather have Tice.

Regardless of what went down with KC and NYJ, I have always thought his attitude was condescending and childish...at least what I saw in the press conferences. The whole Prom date thing, calling guys out, asking rhetorical questions that were ridiculous. It makes him looks like an :D IMO.

I did not know about the list, but it doesn't surprise me.