[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Against the spread

rattsass

First off, I would like to congratulate DMD on having the stones to pick the Broncos to win and cover this weekend.

Broncos -3 Nobody is talking about the Broncos. They are the best kept secret in the playoffs. After the week 1 loss this team has been as good as anybody in the league. And now that the Patriots are healthier, though the Broncos are favored, it seems to me that the prevailing thought is that the Patriots are destined to play the Colts for the AFC crown. That may very well happen. The Broncos are probably one Jake Plummer bonehead play from blowing this game. So this is a hell of a tough pick for me. But the bottom line is that the Patriots have not had to play a road playoff game during their repeat run, and Denver is clearly the better team here discounting the quarterbacks. The Patriots will not be able to run the ball in this game, and unless the Broncos put the ball on the ground 3-4 times they should take this game easily.

Seahawks -9.5 Lots of people thinking this game will be close, but history would dictate otherwise. This is the round of the playoffs where clearly superior teams clearly kick their opponents ass. All 4 home temas won last year in this round and the point differentials were 17, 30, 13, and the Steelers close call against the Jets. Lay the 9 1/2.

Colts -9 1/2 While we are on the subject of the Steelers and close playoff games, here is your 30 point blowout of the weekend.

Panthers +3 And here is the game that is the exception to the rule this year. By halftime Lovie Smith may be wishing Grossman had taken a snap in the last month. This is a low scoring war that the Panthers win 13-10.

Edited by rattsass

Colts -9 1/2  While we are on the subject of the Steelers and close playoff games, here is your 30 point blowout of the weekend.

1261915[/snapback]

I don't think the Steelers will beat them that bad.

Disgruntled Bengals-Backer :D

.....But the bottom line is that the Patriots have not had to play a road playoff game during their repeat run....

1261915[/snapback]

Not sure what you mean by repeat run, recent run? maybe.

But the Pats have won 2 AFC Championship games IN Pittsburgh in their first SB win and last year as well.

Not a bad analysis. Nice job rattsass.

I love how people keep pegging Plummer as a bone head mistake prone QB. Granted he may make a few dumb throws, but if he didn't play 6 years in Arizona, would he still be considered a mistake prone QB?

If you look at his stats since he's been in Denver, his TD to INT ratio is almost the same as Peyton. Now don't go crazy and think that I'm saying Plummer is just as good as Peyton. I'm not that blind of homer, but Plummer is a better QB than most are giving credit for and I have confidence in this years playoff run.

I don't think the Steelers will beat them that bad.

Disgruntled Bengals-Backer  :D

1261948[/snapback]

Oh boy, here we go with the routine again. I do not predict against a team simply because the were the one team that burned me last week. Good gamblers learn to look at things objectively without bias.

As for my mis-statement about the repeat with no road games, I apologize. they did kick the Steelers butts on the road. If only it would be so easy this weekend.

Guys, I'm not here to rap on your teams. I am happy for all of you with the good fortune to have a team still involved. These predictions are all I have left to live for this season. (aside from my eminent tanking in the Smackbowl)

I give this to you as a gift, and you will still scorn me. Bring it on. Be here next week to take your medicine.