[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Half Thoughts

Menudo

First, I'm obviously very happy with where the Steelers are at the half. They came out playing very strong on both sides of the ball. That was an impressive drive by the Colts, but, a big stand for the Steelers to hold them to 3 rather than 7.

Some might be disappointed that the Steelers didn't try to drive at the end of the half, but, I completely agree with the call. You have to take what you have and not risk anything at this point. That said, the Steelers cannot come out in the 2nd half and try to sit on this lead. They have to attack, exactly as they have in the 1st half. The Colts can score so quickly. Also, I under-estimated the Colts front 7, darn are they ever quick. Ben has done a great job of avoiding pressure, which is his best asset. I'm very happy with Ben's performance in the 1st half as well.

The Steelers need to come out with the exact same fire in the 2nd half, or that lead will be gone as quickly as it was gotten. The Colts scare me so much everytime they snap the ball.

:D HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!

i think we're gonna learn alot about Dungy and Peyton after this halftime. They need to get a gameplan and come out blasting in order to win this.

I'm not really rooting eitherway, but I will admit, I caught myself getting fired up watching Ben sling that rock like an all-pro. Very impressive.

My prediction is Dungy/Manning will prove they can win in that big spot, and I think they will have some tricks for Cowher...as long as they get fired up as i type this.

I'm happy for you though, as I'm sure you're having a blast!

If Indy wins this game, it is because of the BS non-call on the pass interference on Randel El. Plain and Simple. That would have been another 7 points for the Steelers. I guess the Refs have to make it fair. I guess that's what "home field advantage" is all about.

I'm happy for you though, as I'm sure you're having a blast!

1267032[/snapback]

Actually, maybe this is a negative on my personality, but, I'm not having a blast. I'm just nervous as all hell. I know what the Colts are capable of. A win here would be unbelievable, but I won't feel good until the clock strikes :00 and the Steelers have more points than the Colts. Then, even if that happens, I will start worrying about the Broncos......... I have issues. :D

If Indy wins this game, it is because of the BS non-call on the pass interference on Randel El.  Plain and Simple.  That would have been another 7 points for the Steelers.  I guess the Refs have to make it fair.  I guess that's what "home field advantage" is all about.

1267037[/snapback]

C'mon, lets not start that stuff. I thought it was clearly P.I. too, but, they happen often, and you simply have to overcome them. Don't get me wrong, I agree it really hurt the Steelers, as a score there would have been big, but, it is what it is, and it certainly isn't any kind of conspiracy against the Colts, just a missed call, nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Menudo

Actually, maybe this is a negative on my personality, but, I'm not having a blast.  I'm just nervous as all hell.  I know what the Colts are capable of.  A win here would be unbelievable, but I won't feel good until the clock strikes  :00 and the Steelers have more points than the Colts.  Then, even if that happens, I will start worrying about the Broncos......... I have issues.  :D

1267039[/snapback]

no no...you're a perfectionist!!!

glass is half full my friend...As long as Indy's glass has less in it, right?

i'm the same way with CAR...I truly feel your pain...

I think Cowher gives Ben a pep talk on the sidelines before the start of the 2nd half, uncoincidentally salivating on Ben's hands causing him to lose grip of the ball and contributing to 3 2nd half TO's by Ben and forcing Cowher to seek help at the National Institute for Uncontrollable Salavi Distribution.

I think Cowher gives Ben a pep talk on the sidelines before the start of the 2nd half, uncoincidentally salivating on Ben's hands causing him to lose grip of the ball and contributing to 3 2nd half TO's by Ben and forcing Cowher to seek help at the National Institute for Uncontrollable Salavi Distribution.

1267050[/snapback]

Wow, you are one funny guy. :D