[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning = Dan Marino

kpholmes

Dan Marino is easily my favorite quarterback of all time. But whenever I talk with buddies or anyone else about him, all they have to say is "Shut up, Marino isn't the best, he dosn't have a ring." Despite all the records he set, and all of his records that Manning broke, when it comes down to it they will never be considered "The Best" by anyone, because they don't have the ring.

Peyton is walking in Marino's shoes. Can they get closer than they did this year while Manning is still the quarterback?

Dan Marino is easily my favorite quarterback of all time. But whenever I talk with buddies or anyone else about him, all they have to say is "Shut up, Marino isn't the best, he dosn't have a ring." Despite all the records he set, and all of his records that Manning broke, when it comes down to it they will never be considered "The Best" by anyone, because they don't have the ring.

Peyton is walking in Marino's shoes. Can they get closer than they did this year while Manning is still the quarterback?

1267372[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I predicted exactly what you are thinking earlier in the week.

just asking, but are you suggesting that they get a different QB?

1267384[/snapback]

Not at all, I'm wondering if the team will be able to get closer than they did this year in the "Manning Era" of the team. There is no quarterback better currently playing.

Hard to put all the blame on Mannings shoulders today in my opinion. Pitt dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

If Indy is interested in Aaron Brooks, I'm sure my Saints will be happy to make a swap. :D

Edited by myhousekey

1267372[/snapback]

I don't agree. Marino never had a running game like Indy does.

Hard to put all the blame on Mannings shoulders today in my opinion.  Pitt dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 

If Indy is interested in Aaron Brooks, I'm sure my Saints will be happy to make a swap.  :D

1267401[/snapback]

I don't think you can blame him, but for all the folks that say he's the greatest, he needs to rise above the rest and make the difference. He didn't do anything special today, in fact he missed quite a few throws especially during the first 3 quarters that could have kept the chains moving for the colts.

It too bad that the Colts coaches couldn't do anything with the play calling to take some pressure off Manning and allow him to get rid of it quicker.